And today begins the efforts to fix more than 3,000 downed wires and restore electricity to 665,000 homes, businesses, churches and schools.
In response, Consumers Energy set up a mobile command center in Rockford, where the technology inside helps crews do their job more efficiently so the power can be restored faster.
Don't touch a fallen power line or anything touching the wire.
"As Michiganders are struggling with storm damage and power outages from some of the extreme winds that are blowing through the state, our first priority is the safety and security of residents", Snyder said. That, combined with the high winds, caused trees to uproot, falling onto DTE's poles and power lines, resulting in widespread outages.
DTE crews continue to work 16-hour shifts around the clock to restore power, and additional crews from Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, New York and Pennsylvania will be in MI on this morning to assist.
~If a customer is elderly or has a medical condition that would be adversely impacted by a power outage, they should try to make alternative accommodations with family or friends. Do not go near any downed line and report it immediately. Some traffic signals are dark, dangling or on the ground.
Wednesday's storm caused other problems, too. "
"If a light is inoperative, please treat these intersections as a 4-way stop and use caution."".
RadioShack says failed Sprint deal led to bankruptcy filing
Sprint had to consistently lower its prices in order to lure the customers and this made the marginal profits extremely less. RadioShack also has closed more stored and slashed operating expenses by more than 20%, but it wasn't enough.
DTE is seeking to replace three coal-fired plants that are scheduled for retirement in 2023.
"We are working on our getting our website and outage map back up", DTE Energy said.
It had started with a reporter that Lee Begole Drive was closed due to a downed power line over the road, Novi police reported.
Local weather service issued a wind warning in effect through 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
On Tuesday 30,000 customers were affected, primarily in northern MI. That means residents should stay clear and call 9-1-1 to report the downed line.
Morgenstern said at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday that restoration times were still being determined, although in harder hit areas, fix work go into Saturday.
DTE Energy is aiming for 90 percent power restoration by Monday.
- Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Sees Large Outflow of Money
- Nintendo's Joy-Con controllers work with the PC, too
- Brother-in-law 'admits killing family-of-four over inheritance' in France
- Tottenham, Man City win to put pressure on Chelsea
- 97-year-old twin sisters die after falling separately near home
- Dave Chappelle's Netflix Specials Just Got a Teaser Trailer and Release Date
- Aircraft lessors not keen on Boeing's planned 737 jet
- Texas taxpayers owed $115 million in refunds from 2013
- Theresa May to warn SNP to stop playing politics over Brexit
- Brisk voting in UP, Manipur registers 10% till 8AM