Hollywood A-listers Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep will star in the new Steven Spielberg film The Post.
Sign up to our daily newsletter for your chance to win. Writer Liz Hannah wrote the script for "The Post", which focuses heavily on how Post editor Ben Bradlee and publisher Kay Graham challenged the government.
Spielberg is exec producing that film, and he also is one of the interview subjects in the film about WWII's impact on cinema.
The Pentagon Papers was a government study about USA involvement in the Vietnam War that Bradlee and Graham fought to make public in 1971. Streep voiced the blue fairy for Spielberg in A.I.
Brother-in-law 'admits killing family-of-four over inheritance' in France
They had already been questioned by police at the beginning of the investigation, AFP news agency reports, citing unnamed sources. Officers also discovered traces of Sebastien's and his parents' blood, but not Charlotte's.
Spielberg, who like Streep has won three Oscars, is now in post-production on a sci-fi action movie, "Ready Player One", which is due to hit theaters in March 2018.
President Trump made an enemy of Meryl Streep with his comments about her career, and now his nation will be getting a film about the importance of the press in keeping the government in check. The classified study about the Vietnam War was commissioned by the Defense Department and revealed unreported facts about a secret dramatic escalation of troops and bombings in what was appearing to be an unwinnable war. The dynamic duo will soon be teaming up with ace film-maker Steven Spielberg on The Post - a drama on the Pentagon Papers.
The Post joined forces with the Times to fight the court battle, which climbed all the way to the Supreme Court.
Hanks is set to play Bradlee while Streep will play Graham.
- Azerbaijan downs oil production under OPEC agreement
- Graham to meet with FBI Director Comey about Russian Federation investigation
- 97-year-old twin sisters die after falling separately near home
- Eurozone inflation above target for first time in 4 years
- Low-intensity blast in passenger train in Madhya Pradesh: Railways
- Jason Garrett hasn't talked to Tony Romo in weeks
- Guardiola: We won't be duped into complacency by Sunderland's league position
- Boost for chancellor as OECD revises up growth
- Tottenham, Man City win to put pressure on Chelsea
- Korea to stop importing eggs from USA on bird flu outbreak