"There was a gunpowder odour", MP Home Minister Bhupendra Singh told ANI.
The nature of the blast is yet to be known.
Eight passengers were injured when a tube light burst in the last coach of a Bhopal-Ujjain passenger train near Kalapipal, around 80 km west of Bhopal on Tuesday morning.
The incident took place in coach GS 084202 of train no-59320 in Madhya Pradesh's Shajapur at around 9:45 AM, when the train had left Jabri station in Ratlam division of Western Railway (WR).
Sir Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman shed tears together watching 'Logan'
In the past, Jackman has not only proved that he follows cricket but also plays pretty well. He plays an old man, who tries to save a girl with powers like him.
The state-run Indian Railways, the third largest network in the world, operates more than 12,000 passenger trains, carrying some 23 million people daily. "Two others are being treated at Kalapipal town in Shajapur district", he added. A special medical train of railways has also reached at the site. "The blast was reported on seat number 51", Sheohar SP said.
Several teams of Railway officials, the Intelligence Bureau and Anti Terrorism Squad were present at the site.
Smoke engulfed the general coach, causing panic among the passengers who rushed out to save themselves. Mobile or light explosion is considered a probable reason behind the mishap.
The state government has announced an financial assistance of fifty thousand rupees to the seriously injured and 25 thousand rupees to passengers having minor injuries.
- Jason Garrett hasn't talked to Tony Romo in weeks
- Graham to meet with FBI Director Comey about Russian Federation investigation
- Arsene Wenger denies falling out with Alexis Sanchez
- Labor Department calls to delay major rule about retirement advice
- Dave Chappelle's Netflix Specials Just Got a Teaser Trailer and Release Date
- Nintendo Switch Uses Friend Codes to Add Friends
- Eurozone inflation above target for first time in 4 years
- Tottenham, Man City win to put pressure on Chelsea
- Betsy DeVos, historic black colleges were not a choice but a necessity
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (NYSE:DKS) Quarterly EPS Forecast At $1.3