Martha Williams and Jean Haley, both 97, were found by a neighbor Saturday morning. After a dinner with their 89-year-old sister, the two were dropped off at Haley's home.
Cops think Jean may have then tripped on a rug on the garage floor as she went inside to call for help. They were not found until Saturday when Haley's neighbor saw something odd outside his window.
Two sisters from Rhode Island died Saturday after the two fell outside and could not get up overnight.
The younger sister was not with her older siblings at the time. The Providence Journal reported that Haley lived at 21 Opechee Drive, Barrington, and Williams lived in East Providence. They returned to Haley's home at approximately 8:30 p.m.
The family of 97-year-old twin sisters who died this weekend in freezing temperatures is thanking people who have extended condolences to them.
Nigeria's growth drops, but oil looking up
Net exports added 0.2 percentage points to gross domestic product, having detracted from the growth rate in the previous quarter. Commonwealth Bank chief economist Michael Blythe said the Reserve Bank should be happy with the growth numbers.
Barrington Police Chief John LaCross said that the Barrington police do not suspect foul play.
Police believe the woman spent hours exposed to the frigid weather before they died of hypothermia.
They said Williams was going to her auto to leave Haley's home when she fell in the driveway, near the rear of her vehicle. Both women were rushed to a hospital, where they were pronounced dead. As the temperature dipped below zero, the night grew colder.
Jean Haley tried desperately to call for help after she noticed her sister, Martha Williams, had also fallen, Barrington Police told WHIO.
- Evidence contradicts all of Trump's claims about deadly Yemen raid
- China continues trend of sinking defense budget growth
- Bachelor Nick Viall Sends Corinne Olympios Home: Best Twitter Reactions
- University of Florida among Peace Corps' 2017 Top Volunteer-Producing Colleges & Universities
- LeEco India Allegedly Fired 85% Of Staff, May Exit India
- Brandon Jennings joins Wizards, playoff race after requesting release from Knicks
- Eurozone inflation above target for first time in 4 years
- Spotify Takes on Tidal; Hi-Fi Music On Its Way for Less
- Betsy DeVos, historic black colleges were not a choice but a necessity
- Sir Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman shed tears together watching 'Logan'