Martha Williams and Jean Haley, both 97, were found by a neighbor Saturday morning. After a dinner with their 89-year-old sister, the two were dropped off at Haley's home.
Cops think Jean may have then tripped on a rug on the garage floor as she went inside to call for help. They were not found until Saturday when Haley's neighbor saw something odd outside his window.
Two sisters from Rhode Island died Saturday after the two fell outside and could not get up overnight.
The younger sister was not with her older siblings at the time. The Providence Journal reported that Haley lived at 21 Opechee Drive, Barrington, and Williams lived in East Providence. They returned to Haley's home at approximately 8:30 p.m.
The family of 97-year-old twin sisters who died this weekend in freezing temperatures is thanking people who have extended condolences to them.
Would you buy the new Nokia 3310? (Poll results)
It has dual 13MP rear camera setup with OIS, laser autofocus, HDR 10 and dual LED flash while the front has a 5MP selfie shooter. A journalist tries the new features of the Gionee device at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain, Feb. 27, 2017.
Barrington Police Chief John LaCross said that the Barrington police do not suspect foul play.
Police believe the woman spent hours exposed to the frigid weather before they died of hypothermia.
They said Williams was going to her auto to leave Haley's home when she fell in the driveway, near the rear of her vehicle. Both women were rushed to a hospital, where they were pronounced dead. As the temperature dipped below zero, the night grew colder.
Jean Haley tried desperately to call for help after she noticed her sister, Martha Williams, had also fallen, Barrington Police told WHIO.
- Nintendo's Joy-Con controllers work with the PC, too
- Brandon Jennings joins Wizards, playoff race after requesting release from Knicks
- Nigeria's growth drops, but oil looking up
- Labor Department calls to delay major rule about retirement advice
- Nintendo Switch Uses Friend Codes to Add Friends
- Graham to meet with FBI Director Comey about Russian Federation investigation
- Brother-in-law 'admits killing family-of-four over inheritance' in France
- Theresa May to warn SNP to stop playing politics over Brexit
- Male nurse 'secretly made videos of naked female patients'
- Spotify Takes on Tidal; Hi-Fi Music On Its Way for Less