"I think overall Spurs were the better team", said Everton manager Ronald Koeman.
Lukaku became the first opponent to beat goalkeeper Hugo Lloris in the league at White Hart Lane since December.
Strike Harry Kane struck twice to take his tally to 14 goals in 12 matches while midfielder Dele Alli deftly added Tottenham's third, after Romelu Lukaku had given Everton hope of a late comeback.
This is his 18th league goal of the season and definitely one of his best.
The start of the game was very even as both sides weren't giving each other much time on the ball to get their passing games going.
Tottenham had been cruising but it was a nervy conclusion.
Brandon Jennings joins Wizards, playoff race after requesting release from Knicks
Jennings played four seasons for the Bucks and averaged in double figures in all four seasons. Jennings can't officially sign his new deal until he clears waivers on Wednesday at 5 p.m.
That's how the scoreline stayed, as City leapfrogged Arsenal into third with their fourth consecutive league win, and are now just a point behind Tottenham with a game in hand. "We played good. We expected aggression and intensity". He's always been known as a physically strong player, but as he's matured, his off-the-ball movement, first touch, and right foot have all improved, and he puts it all together for this goal.
Jermain Defoe hit the post for Sunderland early on before Aguero tapped in City's opener three minutes before half-time.
Everton lost against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane in the Premier League on Sunday.
With Antonio Conte's Chelsea side showing no signs of slipping up, Tottenham, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United appear to be scrapping for second, third and fourth with almost a third of the season remaining. "In the end we deserved the victory, we did fantastic and I am very happy for the performance".
After joining on loan from the Blues in 2013-14, he would go on to score 15 goals in 31 games that year, before penning a permanent deal at Goodison Park.
"We start to make history with that group".
- Nintendo's Joy-Con controllers work with the PC, too
- Manchester City hierarchy 'wowed' by Aguero form
- Jason Garrett hasn't talked to Tony Romo in weeks
- Texas taxpayers owed $115 million in refunds from 2013
- University of Florida among Peace Corps' 2017 Top Volunteer-Producing Colleges & Universities
- Philadelphia Flyers Acquire Valtteri Filppula
- Guardiola: We won't be duped into complacency by Sunderland's league position
- Male nurse 'secretly made videos of naked female patients'
- Bachelor Nick Viall Sends Corinne Olympios Home: Best Twitter Reactions
- Lorde's 'Green Light' is here, and it's a 10/10 banger