Lorde has previewed the first taste of her second album "Melodrama" with the song "Green Light".
Lorde's first new music in years has been met with glowing responses from Rolling Stone, NME and Pitchfork. Small details like these are crucial to Lorde's craft; pop tends to show us things in broad strokes, but she inverts this, painting small details in order to point at something larger: a breaking of trust, the end of intimacy, the beginning of something new. So, she released the song 9 hours before the official release. Throughout the song, Lorde sings about a love that was lost and how she is coming back from it.
"I am so proud of this song", the 20-year-old star tweeted yesterday.
And if that wasn't all, Lorde ended her night on the best note, despite having to wear a cast on her arm.
Following her new single's release, Lorde revealed that her new album will be called "Melodrama". What "Green Light" lacks in novelty it makes up for with a reliable melody and feel-good piano riffs, proving that music doesn't have to be obscure to be worth a listen.
"Green Light" is about Lorde's first real experience with heartbreak, and looks like she's recovering just fine.Читайте также: Betsy DeVos, historic black colleges were not a choice but a necessity
"I realised this is that drunk girl at the party dancing around crying about her ex-boyfriend who everyone thinks is a mess". "And it's not something that I really am used to writing about ..."
"Green Light" is, like all of Melodrama, a collaboration with Jack Antonoff - a fact that will probably garner it (somewhat justifiable) comparisons to Taylor Swift's "Out of the Woods".
Oh, and did we mention she signed with Universal Records at 12 years old? "I moved out of home and all of a sudden I was kind of figuring out who am I when I'm alone". "That's her tonight and tomorrow she starts to rebuild". There's definitely moments where it's like 'oh, she really went there.' That's what that is.
The Lyrics:Those great whites, they have big teeth/ Oh, they bite you.
Reflecting on the difference between LA, New York and Auckland, she spoke of her love for her hometown.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- University of Florida among Peace Corps' 2017 Top Volunteer-Producing Colleges & Universities
- New Trump order on travel and immigration expected Wednesday
- Evidence contradicts all of Trump's claims about deadly Yemen raid
- Eurozone inflation above target for first time in 4 years
- Philadelphia Flyers Acquire Valtteri Filppula
- Europe's Mt. Etna Erupts In A Stunning Light Display
- Pakistani PM Sharif opens key regional economic summit
- Analysts At Maxim Group Reiterated Domino's Pizza Incorporated (NYSE:DPZ) As Hold
- Graham to meet with FBI Director Comey about Russian Federation investigation
- Arron Banks set to challenge UKIP's Douglas Carswell in Clacton