Without providing any exact numbers, Tidal has said that a large number of its estimated 3 million subscribers pay an extra $10 for its lossless audio teir. As of yesterday, users have been receiving test offers for Spotify Hi-Fi, a pricing tier with "lossless CD quality audio" on top of Spotify Premium's features.
Spotify users have been prompted with a notification about Hi-Fi, but it looks like Spotify is now testing out a pricing strategy for the new tier.
Spotify is preparing to launch a lossless audio version of its streaming service, according to multiple sources.
The notification also suggests that Spotify Hi-Fi members will get discounts on limited edition vinyl records as well as one free record. The charge for a normal Spotify subscription is between five and ten dollars a month. When trying to sign up, however, some report that the service wasn't available in their area or that they instead received an error message. Spotify could now try to inspire a part of its 40 million customers for its new hi-fi offer and try to win new customers who place particularly high demands on the music consumption. Think of it as the music quality that artists, studio engineers, and music producers intended for users to hear.
Case Shiller: Chicago Area Home Prices Show Strongest Gains In 30 Months
Still, mortgage rates have risen since last fall, and with prices also increasing, homes are becoming less affordable. Twelve cities reported greater price increases in the year ending December 2016 versus the year ending November 2016.
For the average music listener, as long as you have your mp3s or your music streaming service and working earphones or headphones, then you're good to go.
In a statement, the firm wrote: "We are always testing new products and offers but have no news to share at this time".
The company is now pushing towards profitability and pushing for their 40 million for-pay subscriber base to upgrade is key in making their profitability goal happen according to their 2017 projections. Keep an eye out on your Spotify app for potential prompts.
- Six Nations - Italy lead England 10-5 at half
- One injured after gun goes off during French President's speech
- Europe's Mt. Etna Erupts In A Stunning Light Display
- Analysts At Maxim Group Reiterated Domino's Pizza Incorporated (NYSE:DPZ) As Hold
- How to Unlock the Nintendo Switch Easter Egg
- Medical group warns against teen use of marijuana
- Joel Embiid Out Indefinitely With Knee Injury In Sixers Star's Latest Setback
- Le'Veon Bell gets the franchise tag from Pittsburgh Steelers
- Sex abuse survivor resigns from pope's commission on abuse
- Philadelphia Flyers Acquire Valtteri Filppula