Manchester City on Wednesday recovered from an early blip to rout Championship side Huddersfield Town 5-1 in their FA Cup fifth round replay at the Etihad Stadium, booking quarterfinal date with Middlesborough in the process.
A win over the team in bottom place would lift City into second place if other results go their way. Soon at it again Aguero assisted Pablo Zabaleta sealing the victory within the first half.
The Super Eagles forward has not played for City since January 15, following the arrival of Gabriel Jesus from Palmeiras.
Aguero returned to the team and is doing exactly what Guardiola wants.
Europe's Mt. Etna Erupts In A Stunning Light Display
The eruption took place at the south-east crater, and authorities say it now does not present a danger to people or property. The volcanic eruptions began yesterday, treating citizens and vacationers alike to a spectacular pyrotechnic display.
City's decision makers have taken the position that Aguero will not be sold this summer, and hope that he will respond to Guardiola's persistent reminders over recent months that he should improve his all-round game.
Garcia faces tough competition to start ahead of Fernandinho and Yaya Toure, who has excelled in the deep-lying midfield role since coming back into the side.
Aguero has scored four goals in his last two games and after impressing towards the end of City's Champions League clash with Monaco last week he played sufficiently well against Huddersfield for Guardiola to hail his performance as "the best I have ever seen from Sergio". "Help the team and try to make Guardiola happy". For the northern team and its German-born coach David Wagner, promotion from the League Championship remains the priority - and it's a distinct possibility, with the team now in third place. There was sarcastic applause from some City fans when he saved Huddersfield's second shot on goal just before halftime.
City travel to Middlesborough on the 11th of March for a quarterfinal tie and Guardiola has an excellent chance of winning a trophy in his maiden season in charge of the cash-rich club.
- TR Property Investment Trust plc's (TRY) "Outperform" Rating Reiterated at Peel Hunt
- One injured after gun goes off during French President's speech
- Case Shiller: Chicago Area Home Prices Show Strongest Gains In 30 Months
- Six Nations - Italy lead England 10-5 at half
- New Trump order on travel and immigration expected Wednesday
- Philadelphia Flyers Acquire Valtteri Filppula
- David Wright suffers shoulder impingement, unlikely for Opening Day
- Analysts At Maxim Group Reiterated Domino's Pizza Incorporated (NYSE:DPZ) As Hold
- US Q4 Growth Unrevised at 1.9%
- Wilbur Ross Confirmed as Commerce Secretary