The Pittsburgh Penguins have been trying to solidify their blue line depth with numerous injuries to account for - so they have acquired defenseman Mark Streit from the Tampa Bay Lightning.
In a odd three-way trade, after the Flyers dealt Mark Streit to the Lightning, Tampa Bay has now moved Streit to Pittsburgh for a fourth round pick.
In 59 games with the Bolts this season, Filppula has seven goals and 34 points. That first-round pick was later traded to Toronto as part of a deal to move up in the 2015 draft and select Travis Konecny. Because Filppula, who spent eight years in the Detroit Red Wings organization, had a no movement clause, he has to be protected this summer in the National Hockey League expansion draft.
New Trump order on travel and immigration expected Wednesday
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorised to discuss the order before it is signed. Four officials say the decision follows pressure from the Pentagon and State Department, the AP reported .
Philadelphia has a log jam at defense with a multitude of blue line prospects likely to make the jump to the National Hockey League next year.
The 39-year-old Streit has spent four years with the Flyers, the last three as an alternate captain. His $5 million cap hit is a small upgrade from Streit's $5.25 million cap hit - though the Flyers will retain some of Streit's salary, as per TSN's Darren Dreger.
From the Lightning's perspective, this was a creative move by Yzerman and his staff to shed a large salary while also opening up an expansion draft protection slot - addressing two significant off-ice concerns for the club as they prepare for another important summer.
- How to Unlock the Nintendo Switch Easter Egg
- Joel Embiid Out Indefinitely With Knee Injury In Sixers Star's Latest Setback
- Sex abuse survivor resigns from pope's commission on abuse
- President Trump has "something special" on healthcare
- Europe's Mt. Etna Erupts In A Stunning Light Display
- Wilbur Ross Confirmed as Commerce Secretary
- Villarreal v Real Madrid 26 February 2017
- Paris mayor fires back at Donald Trump
- Male nurse 'secretly made videos of naked female patients'
- Panel urges caution as NASA studies flying crew on first SLS