The Pittsburgh Penguins have been trying to solidify their blue line depth with numerous injuries to account for - so they have acquired defenseman Mark Streit from the Tampa Bay Lightning.
In a odd three-way trade, after the Flyers dealt Mark Streit to the Lightning, Tampa Bay has now moved Streit to Pittsburgh for a fourth round pick.
In 59 games with the Bolts this season, Filppula has seven goals and 34 points. That first-round pick was later traded to Toronto as part of a deal to move up in the 2015 draft and select Travis Konecny. Because Filppula, who spent eight years in the Detroit Red Wings organization, had a no movement clause, he has to be protected this summer in the National Hockey League expansion draft.Читайте также: New Trump order on travel and immigration expected Wednesday
Philadelphia has a log jam at defense with a multitude of blue line prospects likely to make the jump to the National Hockey League next year.
The 39-year-old Streit has spent four years with the Flyers, the last three as an alternate captain. His $5 million cap hit is a small upgrade from Streit's $5.25 million cap hit - though the Flyers will retain some of Streit's salary, as per TSN's Darren Dreger.
From the Lightning's perspective, this was a creative move by Yzerman and his staff to shed a large salary while also opening up an expansion draft protection slot - addressing two significant off-ice concerns for the club as they prepare for another important summer.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- How to Unlock the Nintendo Switch Easter Egg
- Joel Embiid Out Indefinitely With Knee Injury In Sixers Star's Latest Setback
- Sex abuse survivor resigns from pope's commission on abuse
- President Trump has "something special" on healthcare
- Europe's Mt. Etna Erupts In A Stunning Light Display
- Wilbur Ross Confirmed as Commerce Secretary
- Villarreal v Real Madrid 26 February 2017
- Paris mayor fires back at Donald Trump
- Male nurse 'secretly made videos of naked female patients'
- Panel urges caution as NASA studies flying crew on first SLS