"Freight connections to US ports - which handle some 2 billion tons of goods, support 23 million American jobs and generate $4.6 trillion in economic activity annually - are falling behind 21st century needs, putting jobs at risk and reducing our global competitiveness". The Trump administration nominee for Commerce secretary is expected to be easily confirmed despite Democratic stalling since his confirmation hearing in January.
A total of 21 Democrats voted for him.
Billionaire investor Wilbur Ross has been confirmed by the U.S. Senate to be President Trump's commerce secretary.
Democrats' questions of Ross's ties with Russia come at a time when Trump is defending his administration's relations with Moscow, following leaks about repeated contacts between members of his campaign team previous year and Russian intelligence officials. Nor is Ross' Bank of Cyprus in particular - now probably at least half owned by Russians, as we'll see - any stranger to money laundering, tax dodging, or odious finance.
"Wilbur Ross is practically a cartoon stereotype of a Wall Street fat cat with no interest in anyone but himself", Senator Elizabeth Warren, Democrat of MA, wrote on Twitter. Ross pledged in a letter to Democrat Senator Bill Nelson not to censor or intimidate scientists who work at NOAA, the agency housed within the Commerce Department that controls the National Weather Service and conducts research.
Six Nations - Italy lead England 10-5 at half
Even the positive fans of Italy know the daunting task, especially after their last two matches in which they were outplayed. Strategically they were smart today, but it's not rugby so let's be serious about it", said Jones at full-time.
Trump sent out a tweet congratulating Ross shortly after his confirmation.
The officials also called on Ross to reveal whether he had any contact with Russian officials or agents during the presidential campaign.
Ross' swearing in will take place Tuesday at the White House, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said.
U.S. President Donald Trump now has a commerce secretary.
- Villarreal v Real Madrid 26 February 2017
- President Trump has "something special" on healthcare
- Health department investigating mumps cases at UA
- Warren Buffett discusses various themes in Berkshire annual letter
- Meet the Smiling Crew of 'Alien
- Sweden doesn't recognize 'national security adviser' interviewed on Fox News
- Le'Veon Bell gets the franchise tag from Pittsburgh Steelers
- Amal Clooney shows off growing baby bump in STUNNING dress
- David Wright suffers shoulder impingement, unlikely for Opening Day
- Transgender athlete Mack Beggs wins Texas state girls wrestling title