Two people were shot when a soldier's pistol accidentally went off during a speech by French President François Hollande.
"I hope there is nothing serious", Mr Hollande said.
Only one bullet was reportedly fired, which brushed one person's calf before hitting another person in the leg.
Arron Banks set to challenge UKIP's Douglas Carswell in Clacton
And major Ukip donor Arron Banks has suggested he is ready to stand against Mr Carswell in the 2020 general election. He doesn't believe in our principles".
One local report said the safety catch of the sniper's weapon was unlocked, allowing the gun to be discharged accidentally when the officer moved. Local media are reporting that the shot was mistakenly fired by a police sniper.
Hollande was opening a new high-speed rail link from Paris to Bordeaux at Villognon when gunshots rang out. They were then taken to the nearby hospital of Girac. Neither injury was life-threatening.
Hollande was almost 17 minutes into his roughly 20-minute speech when the loud crack of gunfire was heard. "I think not", he said, asking whether anyone had been hurt. "The President stopped speaking as the shot was investigated, and those injured attended to".
- Sweden doesn't recognize 'national security adviser' interviewed on Fox News
- 'I won't resign': Corbyn staying put after Copeland by-election fail
- First LTE-U Devices Get Approved by the FCC
- President Trump has "something special" on healthcare
- David Wright suffers shoulder impingement, unlikely for Opening Day
- Al-Bab entirely liberated from Daesh, Manbij, Raqqa next
- TR Property Investment Trust plc's (TRY) "Outperform" Rating Reiterated at Peel Hunt
- Villarreal v Real Madrid 26 February 2017
- Panel urges caution as NASA studies flying crew on first SLS
- Six Nations - Italy lead England 10-5 at half