The 34-year-old has a chronic back condition known as spinal stenosis and underwent neck surgery last year to fix a herniated disk.
Wright is working his way back from neck surgery, but has been bothered by soreness in his shoulder during private throwing sessions.
Mets GM Sandy Alderson said Tuesday that Wright is dealing with a right shoulder impingement and is unlikely to be ready for Opening Day, Mike Puma of the New York Post reports. Wright appears headed for the disabled list, though if he's able to contribute as a pinch hitter, it's possible Alderson and Mets manager Terry Collins could keep him on the roster during an April stretch that includes 25 games against NL East rivals.Читайте также: Arsenal academy chief Andries Jonker poised to be named Wolfsburg manager
Wright was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal column, in May 2015, and was sidelined more than four months of that season. "That's the area that was affected from the surgery, kind of your neck and shoulder area".
The third baseman, who is now 34 years old, has played 150 games in a season just once since 2011.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Wilbur Ross Confirmed as Commerce Secretary
- Villarreal v Real Madrid 26 February 2017
- Paris mayor fires back at Donald Trump
- Al-Bab entirely liberated from Daesh, Manbij, Raqqa next
- First LTE-U Devices Get Approved by the FCC
- Apple Watch Series 3 To Have New Glass-Film Touch Display
- UN Syria sanctions vote sought next week; Russian Federation vows veto
- Transgender athlete Mack Beggs wins Texas state girls wrestling title
- Russia's UN Ambassador Vitaly Churkin dies suddenly
- 'I won't resign': Corbyn staying put after Copeland by-election fail