If this is the case, then the supplier could ultimately step away from the production of touch panels for the Apple Watch.
Part of the reason why Apple is shifting to displays that are made of glass film is that they are cheaper to make and they have a higher yield rate.
TPK Holding has been supplying touch panels for the Apple Watch for two years.
Strava joins a small number of apps that support Global Positioning System functionality on the Apple Watch Series 2, which includes the likes of Runkeeper and Nike+ Run Club. For the next version of the Apple Watch, the gang in Cupertino is said to be turning to G/F (glass-film).
Industry sources have told Digitimes that supplier TPK Holding has been having a hard time with the mass production of touch-on-lens (TOL) displays, which is used by the Apple Watch Series 2.
Major League Baseball rule change addresses problem but does nearly nothing to solve it
Intentional walks are almost automatic as is - but not entirely, as the lowlight reel below will remind you. Earlier this month, it was announced that Facebook will stream 46 Liga MX games in the forthcoming season.
The use of this new display is expected to improve the manufacturing aspect of the Apple Watch Series 3, compared to its predecessor.
Compared to the flagship smartphone iPhone 8, the Apple Watch Series 3 don't get that much attention.
Sources also mentioned that the G/F displays could be manufactured by Taiwanese company General Interface Solution or Hong Kong-based Biel Crystal Manufactory.
Apple also is bringing SiriKit to the Apple Watch, enabling users to ask Siri to do things like send messages or make a call. Nonetheless, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo stated past year that the Apple Watch 3 could come with an LTE chip for cellular connectivity. Even though there is no solid evidence, many critics are saying that it will be seen as one of the features of the Apple Watch Series 3.
The Apple Watch Series 2 was a modest but welcome improvement over the original Apple wearable, but with stiff competition from Samsung and LG, it's already extremely clear that the next iteration of the Apple Watch will need to be pretty impressive in order to set it apart.
With the new patent, the device still uses the features of portable charging that Apple introduced in the Apple Watch.
- Tesla, Inc. Earnings: What to Expect From Gross Margin
- JK Rowling's support for Muslim campaign to fix Jewish cemetery triples donations
- Mavericks waive point guard Deron Williams
- Apple Ships More Developer Betas for Xcode 8.3, iOS 10.3
- Hot Stock of this Morning: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY)
- Russia's UN Ambassador Vitaly Churkin dies suddenly
- South Africa High Court blocks Zuma's ICC withdrawal
- AMD Ryzen: Pre-order, clockspeeds and pricing you need to know
- Kansas governor vetos tax bill to preserve political legacy
- Stocks Push To Keep Record Streak Alive As Valuations Remain A Concern