According to the Global Traffic Scorecard, the most congested country was Thailand, with the typical commuter spending almost 61 hours in traffic each year in peak congestion. LAist pointed out that "Drivers in Gioia del Colle, Italy, (a town of about 28,000 in the heel of the boot) wasted only 2 hours in traffic in 2016".
Its Global Traffic Scorecard rated Bangkok the 12th most congested of all cities rated, considerably worse than 30th in 2015.
It's hoped the new Wear crossing will also combat congestion in our city as Greg Morrison from TomTom explains.
The only American city in the top 15 is Los Angeles.
According to Inrix, Miami's monolithic wall of rush-hour cars is costing the city $3.6 billion per year - more than all but four cities in the nation.
Graham Cookson, Chief Economist, INRIX said: "The cost of this congestion is staggering, stripping the economy of billions, impacting businesses and costing consumers dearly".
South Africa High Court blocks Zuma's ICC withdrawal
Instead, the government should follow "the human rights-based foreign policy spearheaded by the late President Nelson Mandela". Under the Rome Statute , South Africa as an ICC member has an obligation to arrest anyone sought by the tribunal.
A new analysis of traffic congestion around the world found Montreal to be the most gridlocked Canadian city, while Los Angeles took the overall top spot. "This "SCOOT" technology has been rolled out at 80% of London's 6,000 traffic lights and is proven to reduce delays at junctions by 13% on average, generating over £100,000 in user benefits at every junction every year", he wrote.
There's hardly a worldwide consensus on what city's commuters have it the worst.
The UK is ranked as the third most congested country in Europe - after Russian Federation and Turkey - and the 11th most gridlocked overall. But as it stands today, traffic congestion is a problem that's as frustrating as it is real.
Drivers in Mexico City have to be patient.
Their worst corridor [.] rings in at 31st on the worst corridors ranking.
Meanwhile, Inrix says the worse days for traffic previous year were Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
- South African court says government's ICC withdrawal is unconstitutional
- China suspends all coal imports from North Korea
- Tesla, Inc. Earnings: What to Expect From Gross Margin
- Verizon plans 5G trial service in 11 cities this year
- Apple Ships More Developer Betas for Xcode 8.3, iOS 10.3
- Kansas governor vetos tax bill to preserve political legacy
- Toll Brothers beats and raises the low end of its deliveries forecast
- Major League Baseball rule change addresses problem but does nearly nothing to solve it
- Blizzard drops first hints at next Overwatch character
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Leaked Documents Confirm New Feature