According to the Global Traffic Scorecard, the most congested country was Thailand, with the typical commuter spending almost 61 hours in traffic each year in peak congestion. LAist pointed out that "Drivers in Gioia del Colle, Italy, (a town of about 28,000 in the heel of the boot) wasted only 2 hours in traffic in 2016".
Its Global Traffic Scorecard rated Bangkok the 12th most congested of all cities rated, considerably worse than 30th in 2015.
It's hoped the new Wear crossing will also combat congestion in our city as Greg Morrison from TomTom explains.
The only American city in the top 15 is Los Angeles.
According to Inrix, Miami's monolithic wall of rush-hour cars is costing the city $3.6 billion per year - more than all but four cities in the nation.
Graham Cookson, Chief Economist, INRIX said: "The cost of this congestion is staggering, stripping the economy of billions, impacting businesses and costing consumers dearly".
China suspends all coal imports from North Korea
The latest round of sanctions were imposed in November by the UN Security Council following the country's fifth nuclear test . Security Council condemned North Korea's actions as a violation of its previously established resolutions, NBC reported .
A new analysis of traffic congestion around the world found Montreal to be the most gridlocked Canadian city, while Los Angeles took the overall top spot. "This "SCOOT" technology has been rolled out at 80% of London's 6,000 traffic lights and is proven to reduce delays at junctions by 13% on average, generating over £100,000 in user benefits at every junction every year", he wrote.
There's hardly a worldwide consensus on what city's commuters have it the worst.
The UK is ranked as the third most congested country in Europe - after Russian Federation and Turkey - and the 11th most gridlocked overall. But as it stands today, traffic congestion is a problem that's as frustrating as it is real.
Drivers in Mexico City have to be patient.
Their worst corridor [.] rings in at 31st on the worst corridors ranking.
Meanwhile, Inrix says the worse days for traffic previous year were Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Kerala DGP orders inquiry into moral policing of cops
- Hot Stock of this Morning: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY)
- LA, Paris left in race for 2024 Summer Olympics after Budapest withdraws
- Stocks Push To Keep Record Streak Alive As Valuations Remain A Concern
- California storms: thousands evacuated over flood risk
- Shia LaBeouf Moving His Anti-Trump Livestream To New Mexico
- Kansas governor vetos tax bill to preserve political legacy
- Major League Baseball rule change addresses problem but does nearly nothing to solve it
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Leaked Documents Confirm New Feature
- South Africa High Court blocks Zuma's ICC withdrawal