"In our country we impose self-restrain on Public Display of Affection (PDA) due to our culture and tradition", writes the chief, "though there is no legal ban for PDA".
The couple was eventually taken to a police station and then let off. Vishnu and Aarathy were sitting at a public park in Thiruvananthapuram when two women constables approached and started quizzing them.
Kerala's Police Commissioner Lokanath Behera on Wednesday ordered an inquiry into a case where a couple in the state went live on Facebook to expose police personnel accosting them over their "vulgar behaviour". The DGP said the investigation will be headed by Thiruvananthapuram Range IG Manoj Abraham.
Expressing dismay at the incident, he affirmed that no one had the right to 'disturb or harass any couple anywhere more so in public places'.
Apple Ships More Developer Betas for Xcode 8.3, iOS 10.3
Application compatibility can be accessed by opening "Settings" and selecting "General" and then "Applications". Users will also be able to remotely prompt the earbuds to play a noise so they can be found more easily.
However, many people in the society do not support public display of affection in any public place and they normally call the police. Answered in the negative, they said they would not "endorse" such behaviour, she added.
At this point, the couple turned the tables by recording the incident on a phone and going on Facebook live video with it. To this, Vishnu demanded to know what we had done wrong. At first, we did not agree to be taken to the station. It is learnt Arathy had left her house earlier to live with Vishnu.
The cops took the couple to the police station, where they were fined Rs 200 for indulging in "public nuisance". Then two male officers joined and one of them verbally abused me. "Once at the station, they summoned our parents, who said that they do not want to interfere in the matter", Vishnu had told The News Minute soon after the incident. Police also said that the couple was arrested as they were reluctant to give their identity.
- Tesla, Inc. Earnings: What to Expect From Gross Margin
- What's next for Derrick Lewis after knocking out Travis Browne?
- Blizzard drops first hints at next Overwatch character
- Greek Bailout Deal Delayed for Months as Deadline Missed Again
- Officer responding to vehicle crash is shot dead; 2nd officer wounded
- Islamic State bombings kill 2 in eastern Mosul
- LA, Paris left in race for 2024 Summer Olympics after Budapest withdraws
- Kansas governor vetos tax bill to preserve political legacy
- Toll Brothers beats and raises the low end of its deliveries forecast
- After Charleston, Roof went toward second AME church, docs say