To recall, Secure Folder made its debut on the dearly departed Galaxy Note 7 and allowed people to stash stuff like documents, contacts, and media far away from prying eyes.
The refurbished variants of the device will run on batteries that are of a smaller capacity than the ones powering the original phones, thus saving them from the risks of melting, catching fire and exploding.
We know that Samsung will unveil the Galaxy Note 8 in the latter half of this year. Along with that the back panel will be different given that they had to remove it to change the battery.
Group urges Wegmans to dump Trump wine in call for boycott
That, combined with the passion his election has stirred has prompted some people to protest stores that sell Trump brand products.
Samsung plans to make good use of its huge remaining stack of 2.5 million returned Galaxy Note 7 handsets. Initially, the battery of Note 7 was diagnosed unsafe. Well, it seems the South Korean tech giant is indeed insane enough to do this, but this will reportedly be targeting emerging markets such India, Vietnam, Africa and South America as well.
Samsung sold 3.06 million Galaxy Note 7 units worldwide and has recovered at least 98% of those devices out in the wild. Last year, Samsung was ranked No. 7 in the corporate reputation rankings for the 100 most visible companies in the US.
Samsung and some other independent sources concluded that the Galaxy Note 7's battery was the only reason for its failure. AKG is an Austrian audio systems company acquired by Harman in 1994, and both companies have been acquired by Samsung in 2016. The feature was enabled via an Android app called Samsung Flow. The keyboard dock might be sold separately but if the S Pen is available with the tablet itself, then it will grant you features that were originally exclusive to the Galaxy Note series of smartphones.
- Justin Bieber Accused of Punching Man in Cleveland in 2016
- President Trump Appoints Thomas D.Homan as New Acting Director of ICE
- Manchester United draw Chelsea away in the FA Cup quarter finals
- Mikaela Shiffrin cruises to 3rd straight slalom world title
- Feds not rushing travel-ban appeal to Supreme Court
- Officer responding to vehicle crash is shot dead; 2nd officer wounded
- US Homeland Security Directives Outline Aggressive Immigration Enforcement
- Netanyahu Says Trump's Election Victory Boosts Israel-US Strategic Alliance
- Spanish princess found not guilty, husband sentenced to six years for embezzlement
- China suspends all coal imports from North Korea