Adele sparked a furor on social media for mentioning her "black friends" during her Album of the Year acceptance speech at the Grammys. In an unprecedented Mean Girls-esque move, Adele broke the trophy and dedicated her award to Beyoncé and her album Lemonade, a work she called "monumental". We all got to see another side to you that you don't always let us see, and we appreciate that. "You are our light".
"And the way that you make me and my friends feel, the way you make my black friends feel, is empowering".
Following a string of perfectly fine performances, we finally arrived at the night's crown jewel: Beyoncé, who delivered a mesmerizing and operatic performance of "Love Drought" - a song I didn't care much for until she brought it to life Sunday night - and "Sandcastles".
In her speech, Adele said that the award should have been given to Beyonce as her nominated album was so well-thought, inspiring and monumental.
The 35-year-old, who became one of the world's top stars with her R&B-rooted pop, took a more provocative approach with her latest album "Lemonade", which she intertwined with a film.
Mikaela Shiffrin cruises to 3rd straight slalom world title
She also became the first US woman to win two medals at a world championships since Lindsey Vonn in 2009. That Shiffrin won on Saturday isn't a surprise.
Britney Spears has been the subject of many of these videos, showing that most of her live performances are not sung live, rather just singing a long (badly) with a turned-off microphone.
She earned a loud applause from the audience, including daughter Blue Ivy and husband Jay Z. Beyonce, who walked into the show with nine nominations, won two: best music video ("Formation") and urban contemporary album ("Lemonade").
Fans feared the very-pregnant songstress wouldn't be able to deliver her usual high caliber performance during the award show. "The way I felt when I first heard "No No No" was exactly the same as when I first heard 'Lemonade" a year ago. "That's how I feel".
Chance the Rapper won a coveted award - Best New Artist. However, one might have been deleted because the facts were wrong especially regarding the number of black people that have won Grammy awards for Album of the year category. They removed their trousers when accepting the award in homage to their earlier days when they watched the Grammys at home in their boxers. And I know you know that.
Solange released her third studio album, A Seat At The Table, last year.
- Rare Kroos goal helps Madrid to comeback win over Napoli
- Powerful storm Brings Flooding to California
- Search for murdered Boulder woman's missing remains spans several states
- Moto G5 & Moto G5 Plus Smartphones Leaked Ahead of Their Launch
- Seahawks won't lose draft pick for concealing Richard Sherman's injury
- Tiffany Trump happily accepts Whoopi Goldberg's New York Fashion Week invitation
- Toronto Raptors may have just won East with Serge Ibaka Trade
- Angel Di Maria scores stunning free-kick, delights fans with Valentine's Day celebration
- Meeting in Astana Seeks Mechanism to Regulate Truce in Syria
- Trump promises 'a lot of love' to counter anti-Semitism