Just look at how they came out at the first whistle: playing aggressively and confidently, looking to execute their gameplan no matter what Real Madrid did.
Real Madrid welcome Napoli to the Bernabeu on Wednesday as the Champions League returns.
From there on it was mostly one-way traffic through the first half.
The second leg is at the Stadio San Paolo on March 7.
Benzema had missed a clear chance inside the first minute but he made amends by levelling the scores with his 51st goal in the competition - one more than the previous best tally for a French player, set by Thierry Henry. Napoli lost 3-1 on aggregate.
Real were defending an enviable home record in the Champions League, having gone 11 games undefeated at the Bernabeu, but were facing a Napoli side in form, unbeaten in their last 18 matches in all competitions.
Wenger refuses to concede title fight is over
That changed last night, with Allegri telling Mediaset Premium , "I won't confirm or deny anything". Arsene Wenger's position as Arsenal manager is under severe scrutiny (again).
Napoli had a goal disallowed for offside in the 80th.
This time Ronaldo was inch-perfect with his low cross for Benzema, but his effort was tipped onto the woodwork and behind by Reina. He had a quieter second half as Madrid rested in their 3-1 lead, but there was warm applause for the ex-Lyon player when he was substituted for Morata with time nearly up.
Napoli hopes Real Madrid's recent struggles against Italian teams will continue. Teenager Diawara took too many touches at times on the ball in deep areas, but in others he beat the press and got moves going.
Madrid now have a comfortable lead in the Spanish Liga, but at times have been less than impressive, it will be fascinating to see how they and an in-form Napoli perform in a game which offers no second chances.
Dries Mertens spurned a fantastic opportunity on 68 minutes, dragging a shot high and wide from Jose Callejon's close range cutback.
Before the match, Sarri said: 'It would be good if Maradona could speak to the side before the game.
- Kenyan private doctors to strike after colleagues jailed
- Turkish troops, Syria rebels enter IS-held town of Al-Bab
- Donald Trump Spent His Sunday Morning Beefing With Mark Cuban on Twitter
- MLB Rumors: Reds Agree To Trade Brandon Phillips To Braves; Return 'Minimal'
- National Football League warns Texas over "bathroom bill": No Super Bowl for you!
- Steve Smith happy to turn up heat on India
- First flu-related death in Sussex County confirmed
- Milwaukee Bucks: Takeaways From Win Over Detroit Pistons
- Plane Incident Sparks FAA Investigation With Harrison Ford
- Russia Tests Trump With Treaty-Violating Missile Deployment