The school is sending no less than 14 players to the event who hope to impress scouts ahead of the NFL Draft. No Combine Invite. More Motivation for me.
The 14 invites marks the highest total given to draft prospects from any school, and ties the all-time invite record set by Ohio State past year.
With nine players invited, Clemson's showing will be tied for the ACC's largest, with Miami, which also sends nine.
Clemson and Virginia Tech are the only schools in the nation to have a quarterback, a running back, a receiver and a tight end invited to the Combine.
Donald Trump Spent His Sunday Morning Beefing With Mark Cuban on Twitter
Cuban said Saturday: "I'm proud of Steph for standing up for what he believes in", the Dallas Mavericks owner said Saturday. Since 2013, Trump has tweeted at least 20 times about the basketball team owner.
The combine begins February 28th and runs until March 6th. Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Utah, Southern California and Ohio State all have eight, while Louisville, Washington and North Carolina have seven each.
Off-the field issues, including disorderly conduct in a nightclub incident two years ago, kept Kelly from landing an invite, according to Bleacher Report NFL Draft reporter Matt Miller.
The 49ers in the past kept the majority of its scouting department at home to evaluate game film, while general manager Trent Baalke and coaches would attend the combine to talk to players face to face. Beasley led the National Football League in sacks in 2016.
- Tour bus crashes in Taiwan, at least 32 dead
- Virginia Judge Rules Trump's Travel Ban Is Based on Religious Bias
- Standing Against the Secretary of Education
- Donald Trump's Mexico wall 'could cost taxpayers $21.6 billion'
- Toronto Raptors may have just won East with Serge Ibaka Trade
- Toyota Rolls Out Sportier Tundra, Sequoia, RAV4 At Chicago Auto Show
- Steve Smith happy to turn up heat on India
- NY snow: Stunning photos after blizzard brings 1ft of snowfall
- North Korea leader's half-brother and rival is dead in a suspected assassination
- Appleton gas prices will be on the rise