Even if you weren't feeling the love on Valentine's Day, the extremely good dogs at the 2017 Westminster Dog Show were certainly enough to put you in good spirits.
Beyond that, to garner the top prize, an ambitious canine is one who knows to "bring it" when it counts most.
The champion was crowned after an extensive judging finale during which Rumor, a crowd favorite, was paraded with six other contenders including a majestic Irish Setter named Adrian, and a ground-hugging Pekingese furball named Chuckie.
"The standard of the German shepherd calls for the breed to have quality and nobility".
An Irish setter finished second this year. "When you recognize it, it hits you at home, and that's what it really is".
Turkish troops, Syria rebels enter IS-held town of Al-Bab
Syria's fronts are on fire despite a cease-fire reached in December between the rebels and the government. Erdogan stressed that Turkey's incursion will not end with al-Bab, "which is not our final target".
Rumor's owner, Kent Boyles, is from Maumee, Ohio.
When asked what Rumor's plans are, Boyles said, "She's going to be relaxing for a while, and finding an appropriate husband".
Like Peyton Manning retiring after winning the Super Bowl with the Broncos, this is Rumor's final competition before riding off into the sunset and having puppies, according to Boyles.
Rumor raised up for a well-deserved treat right after the win.
Almost 2,800 dogs across 202 breeds and varieties were entered. And during the Masters Agility Competition on Saturday, owners showed off their dogs' their ultimate game as judges evaluated their speed, attention, and overall finesse.
- European Union leader: USA 'committed' to Iran nuclear deal
- Trump vows to 'very strongly' respond to North Korea
- Russia Tests Trump With Treaty-Violating Missile Deployment
- Kenyan private doctors to strike after colleagues jailed
- Steve Smith happy to turn up heat on India
- Rare Kroos goal helps Madrid to comeback win over Napoli
- Milwaukee Bucks: Takeaways From Win Over Detroit Pistons
- MLB Rumors: Reds Agree To Trade Brandon Phillips To Braves; Return 'Minimal'
- National Football League warns Texas over "bathroom bill": No Super Bowl for you!
- North Korea leader's half-brother and rival is dead in a suspected assassination