Harrison Ford almost flew his private plane into a passenger jet at a California airport on Monday, according to NBC News.
On Monday, actor Harrison Ford was reportedly involved in a high-risk incident while flying his private plane, according to NBC News. His plane then passed above an American Airlines 737 loaded with 110 passengers and a six-person crew.
Air traffic control recordings reportedly captured Ford saying: "was that airliner meant to be underneath me?"
The FAA told The News that the pilot of the single-engine plane had correctly read back instructions from air traffic controllers before the mishap.
The FAA's investigation has yet to conclude, so the outcome of Ford's incident is still unknown.
After Losing Game, Team Loses Bus
Louis University basketball team may have just unveiled a less scary mascot , but unfortunately, they still suck at basketball. New York State Police Trooper James O'Callaghan said he didn't think Edmister was drunk when she drove the team to the game.
American Airlines flight 1546 had just been cleared for takeoff minutes prior to Ford's plane passing above the aircraft. Ford, who collects vintage planes, suffered minor injuries two years ago when he crashed a plane on a California golf course after its engine failed.
The actor crash-landed a helicopter in Ventura County during a lesson in 1999, NBC News reported. And in 2000, his Beechcraft Bonanza slightly scraped the runway during an emergency landing at Nebraska's Lincoln Municipal Airport. NBC noted he's even been inducted as a Living Legend of Aviation.
The FAA did not immediately respond to Variety's request for comment.
But Ford has had his good moments as a pilot, too.
See more on NBC's Nightly News.
- European Union leader: USA 'committed' to Iran nuclear deal
- Winter Storm Niko Creating Travel Headaches in Northeast, New England
- Heavy Volume Consumer Stocks: PACCAR Inc (PCAR), Coca-Cola European Partners Plc (CCE)
- Phoenix mayor calls deportation of undocumented woman a 'travesty'
- Wenger refuses to concede title fight is over
- RFK's son to run for IL governor
- Donald Trump's Mexico wall 'could cost taxpayers $21.6 billion'
- North Korea leader's half-brother and rival is dead in a suspected assassination
- Alex McLeish to return to Rangers?
- Donald Trump Spent His Sunday Morning Beefing With Mark Cuban on Twitter