The thieves allegedly decamped with the replica of the Nobel Medal and the citation along with a host of other mementos from around the world and some jewellery from Satyarthi's Kalkaji residence.
Along with recovery of stolen valuables including replica of Nobel Peace prize, three people have been arrested by the police.
Mr Satyarthi yesterday said that he was pained at the theft of his Nobel citation and ornaments given to his wife by his mother as they were precious for the family.
However, the police noted that the citation was not among the items recovered from Vinod (35), Sonu (28) and Rajan (25).
He shared the 2014 Peace Prize with Pakistani education activist Malala Yousafzai. "Ten teams were working on the case", he added. "We tracked his movements and we found that he and his two brothers had travelled a fair bit and had even started living elsewhere", said Mr. Upadhyay.
Winter Storm Niko Creating Travel Headaches in Northeast, New England
When Thursday's storm departs it will pull colder air into southern New England, with temperatures in the single digits or teens. By Thursday morning, 9 inches of snow had fallen at La Guardia Airport, while parts of New Jersey had up to 6.5 inches of snow.
Investigators found that two more burglaries took place in Aravali Apartments' Flats No.56 and 99, which were also locked, on the same night.
"Majority of the stolen articles have been recovered with the arrest of the three accused on Saturday night".
While expressing hope that the citation will be recovered soon, child rights activist Satyarthi thanked Delhi Police for the "brilliant and speedy recovery" of the stolen items. Delhi police commissioner Amulya Patnaik also tweeted about the case being solved.
"We raised suspicion over the area's infamous burglar Rajan and apprehended him from Sangam Vihar (south Delhi) on a tip-off". The accused told the police that they were familiar with the topography of the area as they used to live in the slums around the apartment complex till 2005 when these were demolished.
"The shoes had been stolen from one of the other houses that had been broken into and probably were left by the burglars since they didn't have enough space in their bag", he said.
- Donald Trump's Mexico wall 'could cost taxpayers $21.6 billion'
- Turkish troops, Syria rebels enter IS-held town of Al-Bab
- Things Families Can Talk About After "The Lego Batman Movie"
- YouTube Go APK Available For Offline Download App
- Facebook Lite reaches more than 200 million users
- Moyes reveals New York City trip for Sunderland... and invites Trump
- Alex McLeish to return to Rangers?
- Toyota Rolls Out Sportier Tundra, Sequoia, RAV4 At Chicago Auto Show
- RFK's son to run for IL governor
- Heavy Volume Consumer Stocks: PACCAR Inc (PCAR), Coca-Cola European Partners Plc (CCE)