Each county saw an increase in gas prices over the last week, with the exception of Hardin County, which saw its prices fall 6 cents.
DeHaan noted that gas usually rises 35-65 cents per gallon from its "low price, usually in February, through Memorial Day, and there's no reason to believe the same won't happen this year, so buckle up".
A gallon of regular was selling for $2.245 in the area, flat with the previous day and down from $2.256 a week ago.
"The increase in USA domestic oil production has helped to counter-balance OPEC's production cuts, sending gas prices down slowly", said Tammy Arnette, Senior Public Affairs Specialist for AAA Mid-Atlantic. This is 8 cents cheaper than last week's average.
The Trump presidency on February 8 at 8:45 AM EST/1345 GMT
The president spoke by phone with Abe last month about the future of U.S. -Japan relations and agreed to meet in Washington. Japan is preparing " tweetable " trade statistics for the prime minister's upcoming meeting with President Donald Trump.
According to Triple-A the increase can be attributed to global cuts in oil production and the ongoing tensions between the United States and Iran.
At this time in January, prices were about 14 cents higher.
Gas prices in Rockford are down 3.4 cents compared to a week ago.
National averages, which went up slightly this week, will remain steady in the near future until the yearly seasonal upswing as spring approaches, AAA reported.
Get the Sports headlines from the Albany Herald delivered daily to your email.
- Toyota Rolls Out Sportier Tundra, Sequoia, RAV4 At Chicago Auto Show
- After Losing Game, Team Loses Bus
- European Union leader: USA 'committed' to Iran nuclear deal
- Standing Against the Secretary of Education
- Phoenix mayor calls deportation of undocumented woman a 'travesty'
- Winter Storm Niko Creating Travel Headaches in Northeast, New England
- Moyes reveals New York City trip for Sunderland... and invites Trump
- Rummenigge surprised by Lahm call
- Things Families Can Talk About After "The Lego Batman Movie"
- Alex McLeish to return to Rangers?