Facebook, the ever-growing social media giant, has doubled its number of users for its bare-bones product Facebook Lite in less than a year and serves 200 million monthly active users.
In many areas, networks can be slow or unable to run the functionality found in Facebook for Android, so Facebook Lite gives people a better Facebook experience when bandwidth is at a minimum.
Facebook said that it is soon going to roll out the FB Lite app in countries such as South Korea, UAE, Italy, and Israel.
During the past year, the Facebook Lite team has improved many things, including the performance for a faster and more reliable experience; the look and feel to make sure people have an simple and good experience; and the onboarding process so people can easily log on and off their account when sharing devices. The app is essentially built as lighter variety of Facebook takes up less space with just 252Kb in size unlike regular version, ideal for devices that have a lot less RAM. The app is compatible with smartphones running at least Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but it doesn't have some features that regular Facebook users might enjoy. It tried bringing features of the native app such as News Feed, status updates, push notifications, and camera/photo integration, while still being lightweight.
RFK's son to run for IL governor
The 53-year-old Kennedy is a businessman and real estate developer in Chicago , the third largest city in the nation. On Wednesday, the Republican Party in IL launched a website that called Chris Kennedy "a pawn of Mike Madigan".
Facebook Lite has helped businesses as well as customers in regions where Internet connectivity isn't as strong, said Chief Operating Officer Sherly Sandberg.
The tech world saw the birth of Facebook Lite in June 2015. For example, you can now like, comment, and share posts.
Earlier in the year, Indian telecom regulators chose to block Facebook's Free Basics Web service as part of a ruling in favor of Net neutrality. Now with 200 million users, it appears Facebook has created another popular application with Facebook Lite.
- Lady Gaga Performing with Metallica at 2017 Grammys
- Brazil accuses Canada of unfairly supporting Bombardier — WTO
- The Trump presidency on February 8 at 8:45 AM EST/1345 GMT
- In severe legal blow, judge blocks Donald Trump travel ban
- Apple iPhone production in Bengaluru to commence soon
- European Union leaders launch scathing attack on Donald Trump
- First Tomb Raider movie pics show the new Lara Croft
- Tiger Woods Is Fucked Up Again, Withdraws From Tournament
- Big cocaine bust off NSW coast; NZ boat owner arrested and charged
- Disney Beats Year-End Earnings Expectations, But Revenues Fall Short