Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav today rejected the reports that there is a rift within his family saying he will campaign for the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in the ensuing UP assembly elections.
Akhilesh left no stone unturned to indirectly attack his political rival, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), as he addressed the latter as elephant.
On the Samajwadi Party-Congress poll alliance, the Chief Minister said "It accelerated the pace of Samajwadi Party's cycle". Akhilesh will be the next chief minister. He said that there were no differences in the party, reported ANI. "I will campaign (for the alliance) from tomorrow", he said.
The EC backing of Akhilesh is seen as his biggest victory in the bruising power struggle in the Yadav family that pitted him against Mulayam and his brother Shivpal. "The alliance will win and Akhilesh will be the next Chief Minister", Mulayam said.
"The way people are appreciating our work I am sure again Congress and SP alliance will form a government here".
Oil down on Wednesday as supplies remain plentiful amid OPEC-led cuts
Increased supplies coming from the US run the risk of undercutting OPEC's effort to dry out the market. However, Russia has said its planned output reduction would be gradual.
In all the meetings, Yadav was accompanied by senior Congress leader and former Deputy Speaker of UP Assembly Azam Rizvi.
Addressing an election rally in Meerut, PM Modi said, "The BJP's fight is against scam. We gave a good number of seats to Congress". "It is "S" for Samajwadi Party, "C" for Congress, "A" for Akhilesh and "M" for Mayawati".
Explaining the nitty gritty of the alliance, Yadav said that the SP Government during its five year tenure accelerated development in the State.
A sulking Mulayam Singh Yadav had then accepted defeat.
- LG G6 hands-on image reveals glossy back, dual cameras
- Kim Jong Un fires spy chief, instead of killing him
- European Union leaders launch scathing attack on Donald Trump
- United Nations presses Myanmar to probe atrocities against Rohingya
- Australia relations in spotlight after Trump calls refugee deal 'dumb'
- First Tomb Raider movie pics show the new Lara Croft
- In severe legal blow, judge blocks Donald Trump travel ban
- Sarkozy to appeal decision to send him for trial
- Apple iPhone production in Bengaluru to commence soon
- Wall Street welcomes Trump the deregulator