Freezing rain is expected to begin Tuesday morning and last for several hours before changing to rain in the afternoon.
There is potential for a significant winter storm to impact the area Wednesday night and Thursday morning, according to Storm Team 4, but it's still too early to pinpoint timing and accumulations. "The snow could be heavy at times late Wednesday night and Thursday morning before tapering off from west to east during the afternoon Thursday".
The National Weather service warns roads are likely to glaze over with ice through the morning as light freezing rain falls, causing hazardous driving conditions and slowing commutes.
Get free real-time news alerts from the Peabody Patch.
There's a winter weather advisory in effect for Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties until 10 p.m.
Australia relations in spotlight after Trump calls refugee deal 'dumb'
It is not easy to have a fractious conversation between Washington and Canberra, but it seems the White House has done it.
Thursday: Rain likely before 9 a.m., then rain and snow likely. The day's high temperature will be in the mid 40s, and the air will continue to warm heading into Wednesday.
Patchy fog is expected before noon, then patchy fog after 2 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
On Saturday, there is a chance of snow before 8 a.m. Partly sunny, high 56.
Wednesday: A slight chance of showers after 1 p.m.
Sunday: A chance of rain. Overnight lows are expected to remain above freezing.
- In Asia, Mattis vows joint stance against N. Korean nuclear threat
- What slower growth? Facebook soars on strong mobile and video ads
- White House says Russian Federation sanctions remain despite Treasury Department amendment
- LG G6 hands-on image reveals glossy back, dual cameras
- Big cocaine bust off NSW coast; NZ boat owner arrested and charged
- Wall Street welcomes Trump the deregulator
- MP Says New US Sanctions against Iran Breach of JCPOA
- Milo Yiannopoulos says he's coming back to Berkeley
- Super Bowl LI: It's a new plateau for Falcons QB Matt Ryan
- It Would Appear That Donald Trump Doesn't Know Who Frederick Douglass Is