Some were for her, others were against her, but the decision has been set - she is Lara Croft. Vikander fills the role of Lara Croft in the video game adaptation, playing the only daughter of an aristocratic family who ventures out into unsafe locations in search of ancient artifacts with supernatural powers.
The images, which feature Vikander doing her own stunts, suspended from a cable, come shortly after Director Roar Uthaug shared a photo from the first day of filming. Vikander's portrayal of Croft will be in the spirit of the video game series' 2013 reboot, which also focused on Lara Croft's origins and her first adventure as an archeologist.
Good luck landing jumps, climbing mountains and running up things (or away from things) with those. The most recent game, titled Rise of the Tomb Raider, is available now. But let's not forget the original Tomb Raider.
In the photos, Vikander sports a green tank top, black trousers, injuries on her leg and arms and what appear to be handcuffs.
Actress Alicia Vikander poses for photographers upon arrival at the premiere of the film "The Light Between The Oceans", in London, Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016.
First Tomb Raider movie pics show the new Lara Croft
There's still plenty of jumping around on display, but Lara's costume and bandages in these set photos suggest that we're getting a more grounded, if somewhat harrowing, tale. Now, she'll be heading up a huge film of a whole different genre - and starring alongside Walter Goggins, who's playing Father Mathias Vogel, Dominic West, who's playing Lord Richard Croft and Daniel Wu, who's playing Lu Ren. While we know that she's taking on the epic role that Angelina Jolie played 14 years ago, it will be very different.
Will the video game movie curse finally be broken? She delivered stellar performances in films like Ex Machina and The Danish Girl, the latter won her the Oscar for Best Actress in Supporting Role.
Tomb Raider is set for release on March 16th, 2018.
"Well done who cast Alicia Vikander for Lara Croft in the new movie".
United Nations presses Myanmar to probe atrocities against Rohingya
Myanmar is primarily a Buddhist country, and the Rohingya have always been persecuted and denied citizenship. Human Rights Office free access to Rakhine's worst areas.
- UK's May to reiterate settlements breach of trust to Netanyahu
- It Would Appear That Donald Trump Doesn't Know Who Frederick Douglass Is
- MP Says New US Sanctions against Iran Breach of JCPOA
- Is this new Selena Gomez song about Justin Bieber?
- Nicki Minaj Airs Out Giuseppe Zanotti For 'Racism And Disrespect'
- Australia relations in spotlight after Trump calls refugee deal 'dumb'
- Affordable Care Act Repeal Could Put Tribal Healthcare at Risk
- Apple iPhone production in Bengaluru to commence soon
- Milo Yiannopoulos says he's coming back to Berkeley
- Oil down on Wednesday as supplies remain plentiful amid OPEC-led cuts