His creative flair was very much in the West Ham mould, and he was one of the best midfield players last season, earning a reputation for scoring spectacular free-kicks.
Sullivan said Payet had been allowed to leave "in the interests of squad unity", adding that the club considered denying his request to leave "in order to make an example of him".
"Marseille won't get there next season-they're now sixth in Ligue 1, 13 points away from third place and the Champions League qualifiers spot that comes with it-but the club does have a new, rich (?) owner, Frank McCourt (hence the "?"), who's promised to spend big to win.
French attacking midfielder Dimitri Payet has joined Marseille as West Ham confirm £25million deal.
Speaking in his first press conference as a Marseille player (again), the France global was asked whether he feels he should explain his recent actions. I spoke to Slaven Bilic.
"I don't have to justify my behaviour", he said in quotes reported by L'Equipe.
Jim Ross Gives Praise To Royal Rumble Hype On 'WWE Raw'
And the only way for the WWE to effectively do this is to have Braun Strowman dominate the Royal Rumble and win the whole thing. In a recent blog post summarized by SEScoops.com, Jim Ross praised the final segment before the Royal Rumble on WWE Raw .
This left West Ham fans who had invested in shirts bearing the Frenchman's name wondering what they were supposed to do with them.
Dimitri Payet has told West Ham that he "does not need to justify" his behaviour, which led to his sale to Marseille.
At his presentation on Monday, at which Marseille president Jacques-Henri Eyraud revealed Payet had accepted a "significant reduction" to his wages, the France global referred to his revolt.
In total, Payet netted 18 goals in 66 appearances for West Ham.
The 29-year-old's good form saw him get called up to the France national team, and he was also included in the 2016 European Championship squad that made it all the way to the final of the tournament. "Payet thinks he is in a position of strength: in two weeks' time, he is most certainly not", he says.
- Activists Fly 'RESIST' Banner Over White House in Protest of Trump's Policies
- President Trump Orders 30-Day Review of Strategy to Fight ISIS
- Real Madrid: Benzema too often looks like he's on a Sunday stroll
- Winks: Pochettino makes Spurs stars do this if nutmegged three times
- Usain Bolt stripped of Olympic gold medal after teammate disqualified for doping
- Will Trump Raise Tariffs on Mexican Imports to Pay for his Wall?
- Twitter reacts to Liverpool's second cup exit this week
- Adama Barrow faces test as he returns to The Gambia
- TransCanada Submits Fresh Application For Keystone XL
- Lunar New Year celebrations light up the sky across the world