"Man of the match - Paul Hayes (Wycombe)Hayes" two goals looked to have set Wycombe on the way to causing an upset, and he said after the game: "If you had told us during the week we would take Tottenham all the way then we would have been proud".
Tottenham got themselves back in the game when Son's effort from a tight angle deflected home before Spurs were awarded a penalty in the 64th minute After Vincent Janssen was fouled in the area.
'We were a bit lucky, ' Pochettino said.
Stewart Downing's 69th minute striker was enough to hand Middlesbrough a 1-0 win over Accrington Stanley at the Riverside. Credit them, we can not play them down.
Darren Bent and Craig Bryson cancelled out Leicester's opener, before Wes Morgan forced a replay with an equaliser in the 86th minute.
"That is the FA Cup".
Spurs, who showed nine changes from the starting XI which drew at Manchester City, were stunned again when Hayes converted a penalty in the 36th minute.
Twitter reacts to Liverpool's second cup exit this week
Let's forget the cup competitions, as squad rotation and prioritising the league has played a big part in their exit from those. Middlesbrough, in sixteenth position, have conceded three less than that. 'You learn about situations and players all the time.
Harry Kane, who could be fit to face Sunderland on Tuesday, missed out with a minor groin problem as Mauricio Pochettino made nine changes from the 2-2 draw against Manchester City, while Wycombe, 70 places below their opponents in the football pyramid, made just one adjustment from their last league encounter, at home to Luton.
"Full credit to Wycombe and how they played the first half". It is the oldest competition in the world and the teams and people try to win to lift the trophy.
"As a manager, you can't ask for any more from your players. But I wish them all the best in their league and it was a pleasure to play against a team like Wycombe". "I hope everyone respects we gave it a go".
League Two Wycombe, who are 70 places below Tottenham in English football's hierarchy, led this most pulsating of FA Cup ties on two occasions before Dele Alli equalised in the 89th minute, and Son sealed the win in the seventh minute of added time.
That means a kind cup draw at home to Wycombe Wanderers will be a very welcome thing to the Tottenham boss.
Wycombe will now turn their attentions to the rather less glamorous affair of travelling to Exeter on Tuesday night.
- Rio Tinto agrees to sell Coal & Allied to Yancoal for $2.45 billion
- Activists Fly 'RESIST' Banner Over White House in Protest of Trump's Policies
- Theresa May 'to discuss trade' with President Erdogan on Turkey visit
- Knights of Malta head quits after row over condom programme
- Lunar New Year celebrations light up the sky across the world
- Struggling Duke tries to recover at Wake Forest
- Genetic analysis of cervical cancers hints at targets for treatments
- History of the Serena vs. Venus Williams rivalry at the Australian Open
- Usain Bolt stripped off 2008 Olympic Gold
- TransCanada Submits Fresh Application For Keystone XL