Alexandria Vera, 24, pleaded guilty to aggravated sexual assault of a child in November.
But that wasn't the most shocking revelation - Vera also claimed that her 15-year-old lover's parents were not only aware of the liaison, but they approved of it.
During her testimony Lawson explained that Vera came from a somewhat tumultuous background where she witnessed some domestic abuse and was also taken advantage of by the men she dated.
State District Judge Michael McSpadden said he did not believe Vera was a danger to other children, and was not a classic pedophile. She told authorities that she and her young lover had engaged in sexual activity almost daily - nearly 150 times in the five months they were together.
Friday, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison, according to KPRC.
Vera told police that she first met the student during a summer school session. Vera told police that she initially resisted the boy's request; but when he did not show up to class one day, she sent him an Instagram message, which led to them having sex.
94 flu cases confirmed in MI
For the first time during the 2016-2017 season, flu activity is considered high in every region of the Garden State. KDH said "adequate supplies" of flu vaccine are available this season.
The teacher had an abortion after being contacted by authorities, according to court documents.
At one point during the relationship, Vera was pregnant with the student's child, but later terminated the pregnancy.
The boy's family did not answer questions, but Rhonda Taylor, who identified herself as a close friend of Vera said she thinks the sentence is fair.
Vera drove the boy around in her vehicle and they kissed, and the next day she went to his home when his parents were out and they had sex for the first time, she told police.
Court documents revealed Vera became pregnant with the boy's child in January and his family was supportive of the teacher being his girlfriend.
Vera allegedly had an on-going relationship with the 13-year-old student while she was teaching eighth-grade English at Stovall Middle School near Houston, Texas.
- Andy Carroll: 'No player bigger than West Ham United'
- Kardashian West robbery: First suspect under formal investigation
- Kane Bags Hat Trick As Tottenham Maul West Brom 4-0
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) Warns Increased Spending To Affect 2017 Profitability
- Ordinary Cubans fret about end to USA immigration policy
- Modi Is More Than Mahatma Gandhi Says BJP Minister
- United States tanks and troops arrive in Poland
- George Soros Saw $1 Billion Go Bye-Bye After Trump's Election
- Ethics agency has 'great concern' about Trump nominees' schedule, lack of information
- Don't You Dare Sell The Atlanta Falcons Short!