Alexandria Vera, 24, pleaded guilty to aggravated sexual assault of a child in November.
But that wasn't the most shocking revelation - Vera also claimed that her 15-year-old lover's parents were not only aware of the liaison, but they approved of it.
During her testimony Lawson explained that Vera came from a somewhat tumultuous background where she witnessed some domestic abuse and was also taken advantage of by the men she dated.
State District Judge Michael McSpadden said he did not believe Vera was a danger to other children, and was not a classic pedophile. She told authorities that she and her young lover had engaged in sexual activity almost daily - nearly 150 times in the five months they were together.
Friday, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison, according to KPRC.
Vera told police that she first met the student during a summer school session. Vera told police that she initially resisted the boy's request; but when he did not show up to class one day, she sent him an Instagram message, which led to them having sex.
SpaceX returns to flight
SpaceX successfully returned to sending machines into orbit by launching 10 commercial satellites over the weekend. It marked the company's first launch since a Falcon 9 rocket exploded at Cape Canaveral, Florida, in September.
The teacher had an abortion after being contacted by authorities, according to court documents.
At one point during the relationship, Vera was pregnant with the student's child, but later terminated the pregnancy.
The boy's family did not answer questions, but Rhonda Taylor, who identified herself as a close friend of Vera said she thinks the sentence is fair.
Vera drove the boy around in her vehicle and they kissed, and the next day she went to his home when his parents were out and they had sex for the first time, she told police.
Court documents revealed Vera became pregnant with the boy's child in January and his family was supportive of the teacher being his girlfriend.
Vera allegedly had an on-going relationship with the 13-year-old student while she was teaching eighth-grade English at Stovall Middle School near Houston, Texas.
- Kardashian West robbery: First suspect under formal investigation
- Don't You Dare Sell The Atlanta Falcons Short!
- Essilor and Luxottica announce a €46bn merger
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15002 for PC Debuts
- United States tanks and troops arrive in Poland
- Andy Carroll: 'No player bigger than West Ham United'
- Oxfam report shows 8 people own half the world's wealth
- Ethics agency has 'great concern' about Trump nominees' schedule, lack of information
- M&S sales grow under new boss
- Modi Is More Than Mahatma Gandhi Says BJP Minister