Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi hit out at BJP leader and Haryana minister Anil Vij after he triggered a controversy by saying that use of "Father of the Nation" Mahatma Gandhi's image has led devaluation of notes. "BJP leaders can make attempts to remove Gandhiji's photographs but Gandhi has always lived in the soul of India", said Mr. Hooda. "The thinking of the BJP is similar to that of Nathuram Godse".
The comment came in the wake of Modi replacing Gandhi in the 2017 wall calendar and table diary published by the Khadi Village Industries Commission.
Meanwhile, BJP has called Anil Vij's comments as his personal remark and not the party's stand. Is BJP trying to replace Modi as the new father of the nation or the Chicago conference speech of "brothers and sisters of America" to "bhaiyo or beheno"?
"It's good that Modi's photo replaced that of Gandhi's in the calendar", Vij said. Khadi is handspun and hand-woven cotton cloth, championed by Mahatma Gandhi during India's Independence movement. Modi is a bigger brand name.
Unity, not talent, will decide the National Championship
The 2016 college football season had a lot of twists and turns, but in the end, it led back to the same place. While most of the pressure seems to be on the Tigers' offense, the defense needs to step up too.
He said showly the image of Gandhi will be removed from the Indian currency notes. He further claimed that Khadi sales have seen a 34 per cent growth ever since the Narendra Modi led government stepped up efforts to popularize the brand.
The great-grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, Tushar Gandhi, also attacked Modi in a series of tweets.
Maintaining that Gandhiji's stature is such that he can never be replaced by anyone, Saxena said, "This whole controversy is unnecessary and out of the context."KVIC is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament".
"Just posing with the spinning wheel doesn't make anybody Gandhi, one just become a subject of jokes", he added. "They keep calling themselves Gandhis though they had no link with Mahatma Gandhi", he said.
- Don't You Dare Sell The Atlanta Falcons Short!
- George Soros Saw $1 Billion Go Bye-Bye After Trump's Election
- Alabama's Bo Scarbrough suffered broken leg in title game, report says
- No stampede at Gangasagar, PMO's tweet against federal structure: West Bengal minister
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15002 for PC Debuts
- Investigations into fatal Qld light plane crash underway
- Climate Change Will Kill Off The Polar Bears, Feds Warn
- Armed civilian saves ambushed Arizona trooper, kills attacker
- 94 flu cases confirmed in MI
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) Warns Increased Spending To Affect 2017 Profitability