Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi hit out at BJP leader and Haryana minister Anil Vij after he triggered a controversy by saying that use of "Father of the Nation" Mahatma Gandhi's image has led devaluation of notes. "BJP leaders can make attempts to remove Gandhiji's photographs but Gandhi has always lived in the soul of India", said Mr. Hooda. "The thinking of the BJP is similar to that of Nathuram Godse".
The comment came in the wake of Modi replacing Gandhi in the 2017 wall calendar and table diary published by the Khadi Village Industries Commission.
Meanwhile, BJP has called Anil Vij's comments as his personal remark and not the party's stand. Is BJP trying to replace Modi as the new father of the nation or the Chicago conference speech of "brothers and sisters of America" to "bhaiyo or beheno"?
"It's good that Modi's photo replaced that of Gandhi's in the calendar", Vij said. Khadi is handspun and hand-woven cotton cloth, championed by Mahatma Gandhi during India's Independence movement. Modi is a bigger brand name.
Alibaba's Jack Ma discusses United States job creation with Donald Trump
The deal will increase Alibaba's stake from 28% to 74% after it first invested US$692mil (RM3.09bil) in the firm in 2014. Low sales through Alibaba's platform would hardly help small business in the United States to generate jobs, they said.
He said showly the image of Gandhi will be removed from the Indian currency notes. He further claimed that Khadi sales have seen a 34 per cent growth ever since the Narendra Modi led government stepped up efforts to popularize the brand.
The great-grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, Tushar Gandhi, also attacked Modi in a series of tweets.
Maintaining that Gandhiji's stature is such that he can never be replaced by anyone, Saxena said, "This whole controversy is unnecessary and out of the context."KVIC is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament".
"Just posing with the spinning wheel doesn't make anybody Gandhi, one just become a subject of jokes", he added. "They keep calling themselves Gandhis though they had no link with Mahatma Gandhi", he said.
- Unity, not talent, will decide the National Championship
- Oil prices stage weak rally ahead of U.S
- U.S. to lift 20-year trade embargo against Sudan
- Investigations into fatal Qld light plane crash underway
- Ordinary Cubans fret about end to USA immigration policy
- 5 potential candidates to replace Sonny Dykes as Cal's head coach
- Andy Carroll: 'No player bigger than West Ham United'
- Former England manager Graham Taylor dead at 72
- United States jury sentences Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof to death
- Alabama's Bo Scarbrough suffered broken leg in title game, report says