A gunman shot and wounded a 31-year-old US consular official as he left a gym in Mexico on Friday, according to a report.
The consulate declined to name the victim due to "privacy considerations" but local police sources identified him as Christopher Ashcraft, a foreign service officer at the State Department who had been stationed in Guadalajara since June 2015.
Surveillance video of the attack shows the gunman following the official in a parking garage.
KRQE.com ❯❯ Save or Share this Page via.
A special unit "detained the attacker of the consular official", the Jalisco state prosecutor's office said on Twitter, without specifying when he was caught or a possible motive for the attack.
Cristiano Ronaldo strikes as Madrid equal Barcelona's major record
Brazilian midfielder Casemiro shrugged clear of his marker before converting at the back post from James Rodriguez's low cross. It was the Ballon d'Or who headed home from close range, but Marcelo created it with the cross.
The State Department has also issued a travel warning to Americans for the Mexican state of Jalisco, the state where Guadalajara is located.
The officer was shot in his auto on Friday as he was leaving the consulate.
An attack on diplomatic personnel is a federal crime in Mexico. "They should vary the times and routes of their movements".
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation is offering a reward of $20,000 for information that helps to identify the shooter. It is unclear who the perpetrator is, and whether or not they are linked to the Jalisco New Generation cartel which is known to dominate the area around the city. "The safety and security of our employees overseas is among our highest priorities", said an embassy spokesperson.
In 2014, a Mexican gang leader was sentenced to life in prison for his role in the 2010 slayings in of US consulate employee Leslie Ann Enriquez Catton, her husband and the husband of another consulate employee as they left a children's birthday party in Ciudad Juárez, the AP reported.
- Naomi Campbell Reveals Details About Robbery In Paris
- LG's new webOS-powered refrigerator has Amazon Alexa voice control
- Indian state elections to begin next month will test PM Modi
- Former Kosovo PM arrested in France for war crimes
- FA Cup: Preston 1-2 Arsenal - Gunners fight back to win
- Look At How Stupidly Thin LG's New 4K OLED TV Is
- Casio's latest smartwatch is among the first with Android Wear 2.0
- Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR) Given Hold Rating at the RBC Capital Markets
- United States of America wins World Juniors gold in shootout thriller over Canada
- Apple confirms $1 bln investment in SoftBank tech fund