However, Note 7 recall doesn't appear to be harming the broader Samsung brand so far. The devices in question are the Galaxy S6, the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy Note 5. However, here are a number of devices which are expected to get the Android 7.0 Nougat Update: Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 Active and Galaxy S6 edge+ along with Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Ironman edition. It included 24 Note 7 users.
"As challenging as the Note 7 recall has been for Samsung, the data in this survey indicate that most consumers are unaffected by this, which should be good news for Samsung", said Ramon T. Llamas, IDC wearables and mobile phones research manager. In fact, rumors have prophesized that Samsung's new flagship, the phablet, will be introduced in 2017. Samsung's well-documented issues with the Note 7 persisted through a total of two recalls before the company finally pulled the plug on the device.
Another boost is the Grace UX launcher which, during the brief spell the Note 7 was around, was said to be great.
The biggest recall in the history of modern technology and the eventual halting of productions is estimated to burn a $17 billion hole in Samsung's pocket. "However, smartphone shipments remain solid due to continued stable sales of its existing flagship devices, including the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge..."
Emails show how Clinton campaign chairman apparently hacked
A couple of fishy (phishy?) things about the email should probably have set off alarms for Podesta and the rest of Clinton's team. An identical e-mail-containing the exact Ukrainian IP address-was received on March 22 by William Rinehart, a campaign organizer.
It is not clear if Samsung is just trying to keep things under wraps regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 after the announcement for the Korean market was revealed.
There have already been plenty of rumours surrounding Samsung's new smartphone, but this is the first time we've heard official word about the company's plans.
For now, Samsung is scrambling to find the reason for this debacle and all of the engineers' focus and energy has been shifted to find the cause of these explosions.
Samsung Electronics shares rose 1.97 percent to 1,604,000 won as of 14:18 p.m.in Seoul trading on Friday.
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. Reveals 16% Rise In Q3 Earnings
- Revenue Estimates Analysis: Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK)
- Mike Pence's plane stopped by system in place at PBIA since 2011
- Paul Ryan confident of retaining US House speaker post
- 'Internet of Things' May Have Led to Massive Server Attacks
- Clinton leads Trump by two points
- Tesla and SolarCity's Solar Roof aims to transform residential power
- Sony Unveils Officially Licensed Third-Party PS4 Controllers
- Global maritime organization agrees to stringent sulfur emissions limits
- Kelly Clarkson Wigs Out For A Cappella Cover of Sia's 'Chandelier'