In his first two seasons, he threw 25 touchdowns to 34 interceptions.
Fitzpatrick was the worst quarterback in football through the first six games of the season, so it would be tough for the Jets to justify being impatient with Smith. Smith did come into last week's game against the Cardinals, going 4-for-6 with 31 yards, but he also threw an interception. Nick Folk, though, gave the Jets the lead for good with a 22-yard field goal.
The Jets (2-5) ran for 157 yards against the rugged Ravens, which entered with the top-ranked run defense in the league, allowing only 69.7 yards per game. Not giving up on the play, Marshall ripped the ball away from Baltimore defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan, and recovered.
Wenger insists he never contemplated selling Walcott
BOB Bradley believes Swansea City have some way to go before they can turn the corner in their Premier League relegation fight. The win take the Gunners to 2nd position with same points of the leaders Manchester City, but only behind by goal difference.
It was Smith's first touchdown pass since Week 8 of last season at Oakland, when he stepped in for an injured Fitzpatrick. Forte did most of the damage, piling up 101 yards on 30 carries. It was also Smith's first start since the 2014 season finale at Miami, where he threw for 358 yards and three TDs while compiling a ideal 158.3 quarterback rating in a 37-14 win. That was his second touchdown of the year, and he proved he's capable of delivering big plays.
Baltimore took a 7-0 lead when rookie Lachlan Edwards, punting on the Jets' first offensive series, had the snap go through his hands.
- ZTE Axon 7: Best For Nexus 6P Owners
- Injunction sought to bar usage of Indians, Chief Wahoo at ALCS
- New York Jets expected to start Geno Smith
- Cubs could get Schwarber back if they reach World Series
- Odisha hospital fire: Human rights commission issues notice to state government
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United Boss Expects More From Paul Pogba
- Nvidia Could Make $1B From Tesla's Self-Driving Decree: Analyst (TSLA, NVDA)
- Russia's Putin willing to halt Aleppo airstrikes for longer
- United Nations appoints Wonder Woman as ambassador
- Doug Martin has setback, out Week 7 for fantasy owners