It would appear that Bob Dylan doesn't give a damn about winning the Nobel Prize in Literature. However, it took less than 5 days for the mention to be removed.
And with Dylan, the Nobel Prize slips further from being the mark of true literary greatness.
The webpage for the hardcover - which is titled "The Lyrics" - refers to Dylan as the "WINNER OF THE NOBEL PRIZE IN LITERATURE", an honor he received last October 13. They've sent e-mails, and have even called those closest to him, to no avail. It simply reads, "Winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature".
The singer was chosen for the prestigious accolade "for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition", according to Sara Danius, permanent Secretary of the Nobel Foundation.
New York Jets expected to start Geno Smith
It would be unfair to completely disregard Smith from the start, but given his history, his chances of success aren't high. The good news for Smith is that Fitzpatrick has done the heavy lifting - or heavy dropping - on the season already.
After a week, it felt that the times were a-changin' and Dylan was finally ready to at least acknowledge that he had been awarded the Nobel prize.
"It would be delightful if Dylan wanted to come to Stockholm in December, but if he doesn't want to, he doesn't want to", Danius said. Boris Pasternak and Jean-Paul Sartre both turned down Nobel Prizes in Literature, though for entirely different reasons. In fact, if you search Dylan's website, the word "Nobel" only appears in two places: one is listing a Chinese Nobel Peace Prize victor and the other is from 2011 saying that Dylan is often in talks to win the Nobel Prize in Literature.
Dylan has not avoided the spotlight entirely as the singer is now in the midst of a United States tour. He played the following day at Desert Trip, the classic-rock festival in Indio, and also did not mention the prize.
USA singer-songwriter Bob Dylan performing onstage at "Les Vieilles Charrues" Festival in Carhaix, western France.
- United Nations appoints Wonder Woman as ambassador
- Regency in place as Thais flock to palace to honor dead king
- Russian Federation says pausing Aleppo bombing 11 hours for four days
- Injunction sought to bar usage of Indians, Chief Wahoo at ALCS
- Experts gives temperature measures in hot car death case
- Chiefs ship Knile Davis to Green Bay
- Four students hurt in shooting outside high school
- Health insurance rates for some may spike 30% or more
- Seven new sexual harassment allegations rock Donald Trump's campaign
- His team's got bite, but Francona loses tooth with chew