The high school has made the decision to remain open today and will be improving its campus security and emotional support options for their students.
According to CNN affiliate KRON, investigators are now searching for multiple suspects who may have targeted a female student who is now in critical condition. Officers initially thought it was an active shooter incident because the victims were in the school building.
Department spokesperson Carlos Manfredi stated that the female victim, "was shot in the upper extremities and suffered life-threatening injuries". School officials say for the past several years, the school has had the second highest four-year-old college eligibility rate in San Francisco, with almost 100 percent of its graduates getting into college.
SFUSD said the students from June Jordan School for Equity were targeted by an outsider.
Here's what reviewers are saying about the Google Pixel
Sorry, but you'll only be able to get information ttied to the Google account with which you're logged into the Google Assistant . Although, Android experts have tried using Google Assistant in non-Pixel phones, Google has not released anything in official.
The shooting that occurred at around 3.15 pm as students of the June Jordan School for Equity and City Arts and Technology High School were leaving for the day.
Four male suspects wearing dark hoodies and jeans were seen running away from the area, Manfredi said. The San Francisco Unified School District confirmed that all four victims were students. As the shooting unfolded, students scrambled to hide in their classroom, taking cover under desks.
The school immediately went on lockout, but was lifted around 4:03 p.m.
"I need to state emphatically that this isolated event, although bad, should not be viewed as a negative reflection on" the school, Leigh said.
- Two women claim Trump touched them inappropriately, reports say
- Email: Clinton campaign tried to move back Illinois primary
- Beckham's career day, late 66-yard TD lead Giants
- Virginia poll gives Clinton edge over Trump
- Man gets 20 years for shooting at George Zimmerman's vehicle
- Offense choppy, Packers D gets to Giants in 23-16 win
- Packers: Report says Green Bay acquires running back Knile Davis from Chiefs
- Jubeir: Saudi Arabia Ready for Ceasefire in Yemen if Houthis Agree
- Australian company says 18 employees questioned in China
- Experts gives temperature measures in hot car death case