The best news by far, however, is that despite the additional hardware, the Amazon Fire TV Stick will stick to its $40/£35 (around AU$50) price. The latest version is up to 30% faster than the original, according to Amazon, and allows access to more than 7,000 channels, apps and Alexa skills.
The new Fire TV Stick features a quad-core processor and 802.11ac MIMO Wi-Fi, the combination of which should generally make streaming a faster, more streamlined experience.
The Fire TV stick is an HDMI dongle that plugs into the TV to access online video services. Stay tuned, lazyboneses! For those of you in the United States, it's available to pre-order now ahead of a 20 October launch, priced at US$40 (RM165). The free offer includes one month of Sling TV, two months of Hulu with limited commercials, and a $10 credit to Amazon Video. Amazon said it is "proud" that the Fire TV is now the most popular streaming media player in the U.S. It is also the most reviewed product on Amazon, gaining a 4.2-star rating from 120,000 reviews.
'Hamilton"s Lin-Manuel Miranda to host 'SNL'"
Josh Dun (left) and Tyler Joseph of Twenty One Pilots will serve as that episode's musical guests. Miranda has been busy since he ended his run as a regular on " Hamilton " in July.
The Fire TV Stick With Alexa Voice Remote will sell for $39.99, adding voice assistance that can find a movie, check the weather, and order a pizza.
While this isn't the first set-top device with voice assistance, the Alexa integration will let owners perform more tasks and use more natural language than the competitors. Fire TV will present a cinematic experience, offering video trailers and content screenshots to help customers access the content they want more quickly - without the need to open and close multiple apps.
In 2014, the Seatlle-based e-commerce giant launched a version of the Fire TV Stick that came with an Alexa-powered remote priced at $50, and people seemed to be enjoying it. Eligible customers who purchase online or from a participating retailer and activate their device by October 31 will also receive a free content bundle. It all started with the Echo smart speaker, and now Amazon seems to be putting the digital assistant Alexa everywhere. Video streams at a maximum resolution of 1080p full HD.
- FBI data show increase in murder, violent crime in 2015
- If Europa Has Ice Plumes, Maybe They Work Like Earth's Volcanoes
- Hungarian police officers in stable condition after blast
- Cowboys WR Dez Bryant has hairline knee fracture
- United Kingdom foreign minister Johnson rips Russian Federation for possible Syria 'war crime'
- Pair of Friends Piloted Planes That Crashed in NY, Killing 3
- Five-door Ford Fiesta ST lands in the UK
- SABC appoints Motsoeneng as general executive for corporate affairs
- Twitter could soon be a Mickey Mouse company, report claims
- McIlroy wants to return 'gift' of winning to Clarke