On Interstate 35W near 95th Avenue Northeast in Blaine, Minnesota, the truck left the roadway and hit the barrier between the north and southbound sides of the highway.
Johnson, a member of a wildland firefighting crew from MI, was driving one of three trucks traveling from MI to Utah for a fire.
Johnson told police he had been awake for almost 28 hours when the crash occurred.
Twenty-three-year-old James Shelifoe and 25-year-old Alan Swartz were killed in the crash.
Magnussen escapes serious injury in heavy crash
But Renault must quickly decide whether he is fit enough to race at Monza, because replacing Magnussen could prove a headache. Magnussen's crash prompted a temporary halt to the race as marshals worked to fix tyre barriers damaged in the impact.
According to the criminal complaint, law enforcement noted Johnson had signs of "impairment and combative behavior".
Keweenaw Bay confirmed the deaths on its Facebook page Saturday evening, and added that the seven injured firefighters also in the truck are expected to make a full recovery. "We are continuing to gather information on the condition of each and every fire fighter who was sent to the Box Canyon fire". Authorities say he was operating the vehicle in a grossly negligent manner and could face criminal vehicular homicide charges.
The passengers were members of the Beartown Firefighters, a crew that specializes in fighting wildfires and is jointly managed by the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community and the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Johnson is scheduled to be arraigned in Anoka County District Court Monday.
- Jimmy Butler Won A Gold Medal At The 2016 Rio Summer Olympics!
- Majority of Israelis, Palestinians Support Two-State Solution, New Poll Finds
- Brexit to go ahead without Parliament vote
- No legal status for undocumented immigrants
- Trevor Siemian Named Broncos' Starting QB: Is He Worth A Fantasy Add?
- North Korea's Kim praises submarine launch test as a success
- Tropical wave 99L remains disorganized while Hurricane Gaston expected to weaken
- Dempsey out for Timbers match, has irregular heartbeat
- Mehbooba meets Modi, blames Pakistan for Kashmir unrest
- Stephanie Meadow five shots off lead in Canadian Pacific Women's Open