The National Hurricane Center on Saturday morning again lowered the chances of a tropical storm forming near the Florida coast over the next few days.
The storm is located about 1,065 miles east-northeast of the Leeward Islands.
Gaston's maximum sustained winds as of Thursday are close to 75 miles per hour. It gives it a 60 percent chance to develop in the next five days. Upper-level winds are preventing significant development of the kind needed for the storm to become a hurricane.
Hurricane Lester is turning toward the west while it strengthens tonight, with maximum sustained winds of 85 miles per hour.
A cluster of clouds and thunderstorms, known as Invest 99L, continued to swirl about 400 miles southeast of Miami on Friday afternoon. High surf will affect parts of Bermuda.
A tropical weather system moving over the Bahamas early Friday has the potential to bring heavy rain and gusting wind to south Florida, the National Hurricane Center said.
Spotify Accused of Punishing Artists Who Have Exclusive Releases with Competitors
Music is at risk of becoming the domain of manufactured pop stars and studo-backed youngsters and money makers, Lefsetz suggests. Spotify has said a robust free service is needed to attract new users who can eventually become subscribers .
We continue to track a tropical wave north of Hispaniola moving west northwest.
The National Hurricane Center said a broad area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave is moving westward at 15 to 20 miles per hour through the southeastern Bahamas.
Forecasters are warning residents in Florida and along the eastern Gulf Coast to keep an eye on the system's possible development. "Locally heavy rainfall is expected".
Meanwhile, the central Atlantic saw hurricane Gaston quickly develop late on Wednesday before it was downgraded to a tropical storm. Lester was upgraded to a tropical storm over the past 24 hours, with maximum wind speeds at 50 mph (45 kts).
"Today we only get to a high of 91 with a 40 percent chance of rain", said News 6 meteorologist Madeline Evans. "This forecast will continue to change each day, so stay aware of the changes".
We are entering the most active period in the Atlantic hurricane season, which typically runs from June 1st to November 30th.
- Brexit to go ahead without Parliament vote
- Virginia Hepatitis A cases linked to Tropical Smoothie increases to 35
- Tropical Storm Gaston is moving northwest in the Atlantic
- ISIS Victim Mueller Reportedly Defended Her Faith
- Stephanie Meadow five shots off lead in Canadian Pacific Women's Open
- North Korea's Kim praises submarine launch test as a success
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Ronaldo crowned UEFA Best Player in Europe
- Wall Street slips on healthcare, consumer names; Fed eyed
- Facebook Trending Topics Loses Human Editors