Pundit Greg Rusedski said: "It was a great effort by Cilic to win his first Masters Series".
Murray will now face the victor of Marin Cilic and Grigor Dimitrov in the Cincinnati final. Seven finals in a row, winning Wimbledon again, and the Olympics. Cilic's two wins over Murray came in the 2014 Rotterdam Open and 2009 US Open. Raonic was broken to start, and although he tried to retaliate against Murray a couple of times, he could not find his breakthrough, as Murray broke him to take the first set.
Tomic held serve in his first four games of the second but had a meltdown in the ninth game as Murray sent down some huge returns to break the Australian to love.
In doubles, Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo won the men's doubles title in a very hard-fought match over the team of Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau.
Murray will play Croatia's Marin Cilic, who beat Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 4-6 6-3 7-5, in Sunday's final.
"I'm very proud of this week", said Murray.
Omar Abdullah led opposition delegation from J&K to meet PM Modi tomorrow
Omar took to Twitter to reveal the details regarding the deliberations with the President. We apprised him in detail about the situation in Kashmir, including Jammu and Ladakh.
Murray must surely be feeling the exertions of last week's tough run to Olympic gold, but he remains in this tournament and still with a chance of reeling Novak Djokovic in further in his hunt for the world number 1 ranking.
Heavy rain fell mintues before the scheduled start of the Murray-Raonic semi-final, and the match was delayed for several minutes after just four points due to a heavy on-court mist. "I'm playing like I don't know which day. every day, it's the same. I think she might be a little bit exhausted or she felt a little bit of pressure on herself", Pliskova said.
"Obviously today it didn't go how I would've wanted, but I certainly didn't expect to get to the final when I arrived here", said Murray.
The win is Murray's 22nd win on the bounce, an unbelievable run that is the longest winning streak of his career.
On Raonic, he added: "I think he was trying to be aggressive". I was hitting a lot of big serves in important points and I was definitely very mentally strong in that second set.
Andy Murray's path to potential glory at the Western & Southern Open became clearer on Thursday as a clutch of top seeds tumbled out of contention.
- Phelps, Lochte face off in individual medley finals
- Mongolian coaches take off clothes in protest at Olympics
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Report says Patriots RB Dion Lewis needs another knee surgery
- Batman themed Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Injustice Edition leaked
- Ryan Lochte Loses Ralph Lauren, Speedo, Gentle Hair Remover Deals
- Patched-up West Ham christen new home with narrow Bournemouth triumph
- US Vice President Biden says US committed to NATO obligations
- Patriots Trying Trade Center Bryan Stork To Redskins, Stork Might Retire
- Judge Rinder latest celebrity to be confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing