The livery is a direct inspiration from the iconic Jägermeister paint jobs on racing cars like the M1, 3.0CSL, and E30 M3.
BMW first presented the 2002 Hommage at the Villa d'Este in May, and after looking at the pictures, I wasn't impressed.
Set to make its public debut at the Pebble Beach Concours on Sunday, this model is said to celebrate the birth of BMW's turbocharged auto.
The front packs a reimagined version of the shark-nose style common throughout BMW's range in the 70s and 80s, albeit with a larger kidney grille than was common back then - like cars in general, the grille is a detail that has inexorably grown over the past few decades.
Furthermore, BMW Design, Michael Scully said "The BMW 2002 Hommage celebrates the extraordinary feats of engineering on which BMW turbo technology is based and re-interprets them in the form of a design study-With its iconic orange and black paintwork, the vehicle has a color scheme and livery synonymous in the minds of many motorsport fans with the triumphs of the 1970s". The modern looks of these milled, multi-spoke items recall the racing rims of bygone eras.
BMW's turbomeister 2002 celebration
Strangely, despite BMW's celebration of all things turbocharged, the company remains tight-lipped about the engine that lurks under the bonnet of the Hommage concept.
Even the headlight reflectors have been finished with a pale gold tint to give their light the yellow tint so often seen on sports cars in the early 1970s.
The large front apron, a stylistic and functional aerodynamic nod to those models of the 1970s, shortens the visual distance between the BMW 2002 Hommage and the road.
The rear-end design of the BMW 2002 Hommage also calls on elements of the 2002 turbo.
U.S. held $400 million until hostages were released
According several media reports the airplane is heading toward Switzerland where the freed U.S. citizens will change plane. According to Obama, the payment had to be made in cash as the United States and Iran do not have a banking relationship.
- EU plans to extend some telecom rules to web-based providers
- Weather: Good weather for the Perseid meteor shower
- Liz Cheney Wins GOP Primary For Wyoming's House Seat
- Twitter's Troll-Fighting Quality Filter Is Coming For Everyone
- Rio Olympics: Helen Maroulis becomes first American woman to win wrestling gold
- Doctor Strange: Tilda Swinton diplomatically responds to whitewashing claims
- Google Launches New Video Chat App
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump in Fla., N.C., Va., Colo.: Polls
- Olympic Watch: Canadians in action on Day 13 at Rio 2016
- Machli, grand old tigress of Ranthambore, dies