The Bianconeri have always been linked with a move for the 28-year-old Argentina striker, triggering his release clause of €90million.
Gonzalo Higuain scored a record 36 Serie A goals in 35 games for Napoli.
The transfer will be the most expensive ever in Italy, and the second most expensive overall, behind only Gareth Bale's €100 million transfer to Real Madrid two years ago.
Criticized for a lack of ruthlessness on the worldwide stage, the Argentine has nonetheless been prolific in the blue of Napoli, registering the most shots in Serie A since he made his move to Italy from Real Madrid in 2013 and scoring 71 league goals - 23 more than any other player in that period.
The transfer could have a bearing on Manchester United's move for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, with the 23-year-old reportedly the subject of a £100m bid from the Premier League club.
And Maradona - who won two league titles with Napoli and coached Higuain as Argentina manager - says that his compatriot's potential move to Italian giants Juve is tough to take.
Head of state GOP criticizes Cruz for not endorsing Trump
There were those, such as Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, who reluctantly offered unconvincing endorsements to avert a civil war. Or did Cruz have his Luke Skywalker moment? Even delegates from Texas, Cruz's home state, were stunned.
Gianluca di Marzio, as well as Mediaset Premium and Sky Italia, all say the same thing - that Juventus will pay Napoli the full €90m release clause built into his contract.
Pogba's fee is expected to break the world record, with some Italian media reporting that the asking price is now 125 million euros.
Meanwhile, Corriere della Sera newspaper published a report that Higuain has already signed a rental agreement for an apartment in Turin.
Will Gonzalo Higuain be the highest transfer this summer?
Napoli, who finished runners-up to Juventus to secure their place in next season's Champions League, are now in the hunt for a top striker.
"A player has a responsibility to himself and it is those fat cats of business that are grinning the most in this case".
- China joint statement on full, effective DOC implementation
- Owen Smith joins Labour leadership race
- SDCC 2016: Watch The First Wonder Woman Trailer
- New plunder case being readied against Arroyo 'more oppressive, cruel,' lawyer says
- Watch it, cowboy: Japan's 9 safety tips for 'Pokemon Go'
- Turkey declares 'state of emergency' after failed coup
- Cyanogen Inc. fires 20 percent of workforce on failing Cyanogen OS business
- Backed rebels set Manbij deadline for ISIL
- IOC: 45 more positive cases in retests of 2008, '12 samples
- Clinton trouncing Trump in four swing states, new polls show