The company grew out of CyanogenMod, an open-source project that created a customized version of Android.
Cyanogen Inc. seems to be in trouble. Employees who were not let go were told not to show up to work today.
Several reports, including the original from Android Police as well as another from Recode, have claimed that Cyanogen would be pivoting away from OS work and toward developing apps instead, but company CEO Kirt McMaster posted a tweet denying that rumor. "The systems and QA teams in Palo Alto and Seattle have been heavily cut, with Cyanogen's smaller offices in Lisbon and India reportedly being essentially gutted", adds the report. Once there, they were pushed to meetings with human resources who reportedly laid them off without advanced warnings.
While many might think that the company would eliminate CyanogenMod completely for shifting its focus towards app, but the true story is that they have plan to bundle some Microsoft's productivity apps along with its own ROM and Cyanogen also raised money from Microsoft for that goal.
Watch it, cowboy: Japan's 9 safety tips for 'Pokemon Go'
While the game did launch earlier than anticipated TechCrunch said that it wasn't without one final delay. A number of vehicle accidents and robberies have bee reported in relation to Pokemon Gamers.
The future of the company, according to one of the report's sources, is "apps".
The CyanogenMod, is an open source operative system for smartphones and tablet, the developers based it on the official releases of Android by Google. The change in the strategy is being led by the company's new COO Lior Tal but the company refused to comment on why the layoffs happened and how they will proceed with their new plans.
The latest Mod by Cyanogen is meant to enable deep integration of apps and services while using Android. OnePlus One came loaded with Cyanogen OS but this partnership didn't last long as the company then chose to part with OnePlus in favour of joining Micromax.
CyanogenMod is a "free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your device", as per Cyanogen Inc.
- Hacked emails overshadow Democratic National Convention
- Telltale is Adding Multiplayer Starting with Batman
- Better angels in U.S. will prevail: Biden
- LA Times Poll: Donald Trump Edges Ahead of Hillary Clinton
- Backed rebels set Manbij deadline for ISIL
- Low inflation, high exchange rate risks for New Zealand economy: central bank
- Warner Bros. calms fans with fun 'Justice League' footage
- Opponents accuse Jeremy Corbyn of failing to protect them from intimidation
- SDCC 2016: Watch The First Wonder Woman Trailer
- Clinton trouncing Trump in four swing states, new polls show